Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
October 2019 Weather Discussion

HoarfrostHubb

28 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

60s is great. We take. Feels nice not needing heat or AC right now. 

Reading these posts it seems like you guys are where we were in like late September.... it's a beautiful time of year when you hit that sweet spot of sunny days meaning highs in the 60s.  I remember that euphoria of just perfection when its sunny and 66F.

Now we are getting into that ugly time of year when it's a lot of 45-55F type high temp days.  At least the picnic tables can bridge the gap and provide some wintry weather from time to time now.

• Like 1

Just now, powderfreak said:

Reading these posts it seems like you guys are where we were in like late September.... it's a beautiful time of year when you hit that sweet spot of sunny days meaning highs in the 60s.

Now we are getting into that ugly time of year when it's a lot of 45-55F type high temp days.

A few years ago I would want 40s and 50s.  I’ll take this for now. 

Just now, CoastalWx said:

A few years ago I would want 40s and 50s.  I’ll take this for now. 

October has been pretty much dead on normal temperatures up here.  Average temps right now are 54/33... which is smack in the middle of the transition from nice COC and winter. 

It's probably some of the worse time of year for average temperatures and outdoor activities, ha.  Average means scraping frost off the windshield and then getting marginally warm enough into the lower 50s before the early sunset and darkness lol.

4 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

It really is useless

It's coming, don't you worry. 

I can't believe how perfect last autumn was, solidly above normal then straight to winter in about a week.  The in between time was minimized in a way that I likely won't see again for a while, ha. 

By far the best way to run a fall is to be mild and comfortable, and then go straight to snow.... not have 4 rotting weeks of highs in the 43-53F range with lows in the upper 20s to mid 30s.

Just now, powderfreak said:

It's coming, don't you worry. 

I can't believe how perfect last autumn was, solidly above normal then straight to winter in about a week.  The in between time was minimized in a way that I likely won't see again for a while, ha. 

By far the best way to run a fall is to be mild and comfortable, and then go straight to snow.... not have 4 rotting weeks of highs in the 43-53F range with lows in the upper 20s to mid 30s.

Still 6 weeks away from climo winter here. The rush to winter happens every year. It’s basically the end of April analog for summer climo weather. 

15 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Still 6 weeks away from climo winter here. The rush to winter happens every year. It’s basically the end of April analog for summer climo weather. 

Honestly, the best years are almost when it’s mild and nice through late November, then get a 1-2 foot storm on December 5th and winter is off and running.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Lava Rock said:
9 hours ago, CoastalWx said:
Lawn back to looking good too. We take the green.

Not here, but that's to be expected

We need some sort of show to come to your property and give you a make over. I honestly think it's a soil thing. Maybe a few inches of loam/compost in the bad areas will do it. 

10 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Face plant by the GFS suite is happening. I say this with all honesty....the ECMWF might as well take the job of the meteorologist. The GFS and its ensembles are becoming irrelevant in the weather world. 

If only there were any free sites that gave half-way decent information and time intervals for the EC. 

If there are any, I'm open to learning about them!

1 minute ago, moneypitmike said:

If only there were any free sites that gave half-way decent information and time intervals for the EC. 

For free, weather.us is pretty good. A little cumbersome to navigate, but I am not aware of a better free site. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, moneypitmike said:

2 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

For free, weather.us is pretty good. A little cumbersome to navigate, but I am not aware of a better free site. 

For $10/month subscription you really can't go wrong. I wish it was a bit better to navigate as well and the maps were a bit better and some more products but it's certainly worth the buy I think. 

• Thanks 1