• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
September Weather Discussion 2019

dryslot

yeah was just gonna say...  first face-smack shock and "shawl" whip back day of this early season... Actually reminds me of one of those first warm up attempts in early to mid May, where we get a taste on one day, than pay our geographical curse tax by being back banged by a N/door or otherwise, cool back for two days sharply, before the ridge gets more positioned to fend off the Maritimes ...

And we'll see if the biggie warm up in the latter mid/ext range has legs... personally still have my doubts.  Already the Euro tries to gut the ridge by shirking a deg C out of the 850 mb guts ... next to go will be the lengh of the ridge... until it whittles down to 18 hours of humid sw mist...  

Or not... Just sayn', wouldn't shock me

On 9/5/2019 at 6:55 AM, kdxken said:

Let's get a hard freeze in here soon. The effing bees are driving me nuts.

It's getting worse :( Dropped two trees on yellow jacket nests yesterday. Off to the races...

"

"This season's been perfect weather for them. Stable high temperatures. Very little rain. The rain's been at the end of the day or overnight when they're not really working anyway," said Russell.

Basically, Russell says most days have been great work days for yellow jackets.

"This time of year, nest population is very high. You're talking three to 500 individuals in a nest. We're talking very, very aggressive," stated Russell.

A common myth: when the nights get cooler, days get shorter, and yellow jackets get a bit crazed.

"That's an easy thing to tie it to, 'Oh, the season is getting shorter and they're getting nervous'. No, no. The number of bees has just escalated so high. There's so much more activity, that it just seems like they're more anxious, but there's just more of them," noted Russell.

yj.jpg

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, kdxken said:

It's getting worse :( Dropped two trees on yellow jacket nests yesterday. Off to the races...

"

"This season's been perfect weather for them. Stable high temperatures. Very little rain. The rain's been at the end of the day or overnight when they're not really working anyway," said Russell.

Basically, Russell says most days have been great work days for yellow jackets.

"This time of year, nest population is very high. You're talking three to 500 individuals in a nest. We're talking very, very aggressive," stated Russell.

A common myth: when the nights get cooler, days get shorter, and yellow jackets get a bit crazed.

"That's an easy thing to tie it to, 'Oh, the season is getting shorter and they're getting nervous'. No, no. The number of bees has just escalated so high. There's so much more activity, that it just seems like they're more anxious, but there's just more of them," noted Russell.

yj.jpg

I hate those bastards.  Haven’t seen too many this season, lots of the bald faced hornets but if you give them space they leave you be.  Yellow jackets are psychos 

• Like 1

Didn't even realize it was going to cool off so much tomorrow. Our forecast is for a high of 59 and a low of 38... Which will mean upper 20s at my spot if we radiate (yesterday's 31.6 was a forecasted low of 41). Kill it all. 

Actually surprised by how little damage the frost did. I would not even think it happened had I not seen it first hand. But I guess plants are pretty hardened at this point. 

• Like 1