Jump to content
  • Member Statistics

    15,514
    Total Members
    7,904
    Most Online
    Raifu
    Newest Member
    Raifu
    Joined
George BM

August Banter 2019

Recommended Posts

On 8/6/2019 at 2:49 PM, NorthArlington101 said:

Ugh, someone bumped the December 9/10 storm thread. Still can't believe I managed to miss that storm. Always gonna haunt me.

2 months or so until I renew my WeatherBell subscription though. Very exciting. 

Sorry... forgot forums did that...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seen a couple impressive lightning storms here in South Daytona beach this week . We were under a heat advisory yesterday and today.  Even on the beach it got a little nasty but the sea breeze in the early evenings has made it decent. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, losetoa6 said:

Seen a couple impressive lightning storms here in South Daytona beach this week . We were under a heat advisory yesterday and today.  Even on the beach it got a little nasty but the sea breeze in the early evenings has made it decent. 

Are you down in Northern Florida?  Used to go down to Sawgrass and Ponte Vedra Beach for summer vacation with family when I was younger 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, yoda said:

Are you down in Northern Florida?  Used to go down to Sawgrass and Ponte Vedra Beach for summer vacation with family when I was younger 

8 Miles south of Daytona beach and I believe 80 miles south of Jacksonville. I had family as well in Florida when I was younger ( West Palm beach area).  Beautiful and very luxurious homes and yachts down that way .

Edit. Yea Sawgrass is just south of Jacksonville proper I see

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, losetoa6 said:

8 Miles south of Daytona beach and I believe 80 miles south of Jacksonville. I had family as well in Florida when I was younger ( West Palm beach area).  Beautiful and very luxurious homes and yachts down that way .

Edit. Yea Sawgrass is just south of Jacksonville proper I see

Just saw an article yesterday that said the seaweed was everywhere down your way. Enjoy your swim. :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, showmethesnow said:

Just saw an article yesterday that said the seaweed was everywhere down your way. Enjoy your swim. :) 

I'll pack it into cans and sell it as Spinach :lol:

Actually no seaweed here . The water is as crystal clear as I've ever seen it on the Atlantic side of Florida. Now ...in Clearwater, Fl in the gulf side a few years ago the seaweed was freaking epic and water was like 92 and bath water . It was really clear like its known for but never again for me . Too disgustingly hot to enjoy...and nooo waves if u like boogie boarding like me 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My (significantly) better version of a Five Guys bacon double cheeseburger, made with local grass fed beef, local tomatoes, and  grilled over charcoal on the Weber. Paired with a DFH 90 Min IPA.

burger.thumb.JPG.7be2cf8e56925b166d702908e180af89.JPG

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

My (significantly) better version of a Five Guys bacon double cheeseburger, made with local grass fed beef, local tomatoes, and  grilled over charcoal on the Weber. Paired with a DFH 90 Min IPA.

 

giphy.gif

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ll say it for you:

obligatory yum: yum!

everyone, that isn’t difficult to make, stop calling yourselves bad cooks!(You didn’t, but i know you did... ) A little bit of practice, and you can make burgers (anything really) like that. Add that to the list of things to do while waiting for something interesting to happen tropical-wise, or while waiting for the first flakes.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rhino16 said:

I’ll say it for you:

obligatory yum: yum!

everyone, that isn’t difficult to make, stop calling yourselves bad cooks!(You didn’t, but i know you did... ) A little bit of practice, and you can make burgers (anything really) like that. Add that to the list of things to do while waiting for something interesting to happen tropical-wise, or while waiting for the first flakes.

Not difficult at all. Acquire high quality, local, fresh ingredients, add in a little execution, and chow the fuk down.

And don't forget the presentation. You know you want to eat that.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Its hot as an anteroom of Hell down here in south central Texas. Larry Cosgrove says that the heat is set to go on into early November down here in the south and southwest. No mercy at all for the weary, lol.

Its been smashing the low one hundred single digits for days and days and days down here.

I got my car A/C set at 84 degrees and its cold! Unbelievable!

It hit 103 today in Buda. That sun is downright MURDEROUS! I have to do OUTDOOR chores. Its definitely not fun, not one little bit lol.

Washington DC is still on track for a very frigid, exceptionally SNOWY  Winter of 2019-2020.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have yet to see a foggy morning this month. And you know foggy mornings in August equal snowy winters so I guess no snow this winter. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JakkelWx said:

I have yet to see a foggy morning this month. And you know foggy mornings in August equal snowy winters so I guess no snow this winter. 

I've had 6 so far this month if you want to use the old fashioned stuff. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, wxdude64 said:

I've had 6 so far this month if you want to use the old fashioned stuff. 

Had 3 or 4 foggy mornings when we were up in Maine for the week. Guess at least Maine will have a stellar winter. :)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, JakkelWx said:

M*rch 2001 is a banned term on AMWX.

i'll never forget how beautiful it was the day before the impending hecs.  played ball in shorts and a tshirt lol.  march snowstorms are kinda lame anyway unless we're talking '14, so that wasn't much of a stinger.  edit: well, and '93 was fun, but that's like uncommon and stuff.

that said, i'm not ready for that snow noise.  i'm still enjoying what's been a pretty solid thunderstorm season, at least imby.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, 87storms said:

i'll never forget how beautiful it was the day before the impending hecs.  played ball in shorts and a tshirt lol.  march snowstorms are kinda lame anyway unless we're talking '14, so that wasn't much of a stinger.

that said, i'm not ready for that snow noise.  i'm still enjoying what's been a pretty solid thunderstorm season, at least imby.

I was only 10 years old in 2001.. I don't remember very well but it was a Saturday a couple days before the storm, playing games with a couple friends over at my house. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

129 days until Met Winter.

Less then 100 for realistic chances for snow for those not Altitude and Latitude challenged.*

*This public message is brought to you by a disgruntled and bored weather nerd who is sick of the heat and wants to know where all the damn Hurricanes are that wxwatcher007 promised us.

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×