joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Big New England heat 7/19-21

weathafella

9 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

It’s aint cooling in the evening much lol

Really!

I mean ...we gawk at numbers - that's what we do...  1/4 mi vis that... 24" total this... 100 that... 79 dew this...  But, these points are but the screws that hold the scaffold of societies misery together.

The real story in the hardship of heat departures comes tonight... There are lower income folk trying to service quaint means with rickety fans rattling away a half revolutions ... sprawled out in a stinking mess on their living area floors because the upstairs is bakin' bread ... Well, maybe not that bad.. .But, the erosion of patience and the toll on bodies is taken when a day like today, fades into a maddening heat sleepless night ... a night of sleep that is needed to recover - it's a vicious feedback loop.

Tomorrow is the ER day... watch. I bet incidences of heat exhaustion steps up... Typically it's the second and third days of heat waves -

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Really!

I mean ...we gawk at numbers - that's what we do...  1/4 mi vis that... 24" total this... 100 that... 79 dew this...  But, these points are but the screws that hold the scaffold of societies misery together.

The real story in the hardship of heat departures comes tonight... There are lower income folk trying to service quaint means with rickety fans rattling away a half revolutions ... sprawled out in a stinking mess on their living area floors because the upstairs is bakin' bread ... Well, maybe not that bad.. .But, the erosion of patience and the toll on bodies is taken when a day like today, fades into a maddening heat sleepless night ... a night of sleep that is needed to recover - it's a vicious feedback loop.

Tomorrow is the ER day... watch. I bet incidences of heat exhaustion steps up... Typically it's the second and third days of heat waves -

Remember this was mentioned yesterday? If there’s deaths or issues , they’ll be at night. Praying there’s none 

Good points John and Friday was no peach either.

Elderly, young children, and very dehydrated and Overweight folks without A\C especially in those brick buildings on upper floors are suffering and likely laying on any tile w ice bags or eating popsicles to stay cool 

I would take a long cool shower perhaps multiple...in that situ or find a hose

11 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Good points John and Friday was no peach either.

Elderly, young children, and very dehydrated and Overweight folks without A\C especially in those brick buildings on upper floors are suffering and likely laying on any tile w ice bags or eating popsicles to stay cool 

I can’t even imagine like a Lawrence, Mass apartment building with no A/C right now... good lord that must be tough.

Really tough for dealers to keep their drugs in a cool & dry place too.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

That wasn’t the high. Had outflow from storm but it totally missed to north . Sun out now. I wonder if that outflow produced the 80 dews? Oceanwx?

You went from saying multiple ASOS stations having 80 dews to showing your mulch bed dews, lol so much weenie it wont fit in your mouth

6 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Yea we have definitely had worse than a 2 day dew wave, talk to me when its a whole week. The theme of this summer 5 days of warm and low dews 2 days of HHH. 

Today was pretty damn hot.  Worst ever?  No, but I’m not sure it’s worth downplaying it.  This is about as hot and humid it gets around New England for the most part aside from the record days.

2 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I don’t think so no. This is special 

Huh, I’m too lazy to go back and look right now but I seem to remember that.  A lot more ASOS hit 80F dews last year, I’d be real surprised if that didn’t translate to at least low 80s in your backyard.  I thought PWS were hitting mid-80s at one point last July.

2 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Huh, I’m too lazy to go back and look right now but I seem to remember that.  A lot more ASOS hit 80F dews last year, I’d be real surprised if that didn’t translate to at least low 80s in your backyard.  I thought PWS were hitting mid-80s at one point last July.

The only thing to now is continue drinking IPA’s, eat Chinese food and watch season 3 of Stranger  Things 

bTTeKjQ.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1