• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kgottwald
    Newest Member
    kgottwald

June Discobs 2019

i’m in Fairfax. there’s a little wind and sheets of rain. and now the sun is shining, too.

3 minutes ago, mattie g said:

Damn...must have been some pico-subsidence over my house because there was red and orange in nearly every direction that simply fell apart as it hit MBY.

I’m rocking 0.02”

Deep watering tonight for the garden pumpkins loving the heat.

• Like 1

Missed out on everything today.  Heavy rain at work, 3 miles north of mby, and rain at the gym, 2 miles east of mby.  Storms all around, and never got anything but sunshine on mby.  Some cells just off to my west right now.... not holding my breath.

3 minutes ago, EastCoast NPZ said:

Missed out on everything today.  Heavy rain at work, 3 miles north of mby, and rain at the gym, 2 miles east of mby.  Storms all around, and never got anything but sunshine on mby.  Some cells just off to my west right now.... not holding my breath.

You live in Hell. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I posted a whopping 0.03 from a stalled out storm just west of me yesterday evening. Did have some nice inflow gusts though. 4 miles west in town (Covington) all the underpasses had 3-5 foot of water in them and water was running everywhere, with 1-2 foot of water in yards! I'd estimate 3 inches fell in about 45 minutes.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Stormpc said:

You live in Hell. 

Those orographic effects are crazy.  I saw an annual rainfall map and his area averages something like 30 inches, while areas not too far away are over 60!  He should have a rock garden LOL.

I missed all the rain yesterday as well. It got close and we actually went under a warning at one point but it fell apart.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BlizzardNole said:

Those orographic effects are crazy.  I saw an annual rainfall map and his area averages something like 30 inches, while areas not too far away are over 60!  He should have a rock garden LOL.

I missed all the rain yesterday as well. It got close and we actually went under a warning at one point but it fell apart.

It's maddening.  It can (and often is) - especially in the summer - pouring rain within 1-2 miles from me, while I barely get a drop.  Yesterday was a prime example.  As soon as I got about 2 miles north on my way to work this morning there were ditches filled with water and standing water in places from last nights rain... of which I recorded a trace.  That was the third such near miss yesterday.

2 hours ago, nj2va said:

Loving this heat wave...it’s about time we have sustained 90s. I know, I know...unpopular opinion here. 

It's so exciting. You must work in a climate controlled office lol

• Haha 1

94/73 now, but it was 95 a few minutes ago as cumulus field popping. Hottest of the year so far. Saw 96 on my car thermometer, although I'm pretty sure that isn't very accurate

4 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

92/72 here.

And it should be slightly worse tomorrow. 

Whole lotta 90s incoming next week after a very brief cooldown.

Today marks the third straight day reaching 90 or above at KIAD, KBWI and KDCA, making it an unofficial heat wave (so far). Tomorrow looks to be the hottest day, with temps reaching the mid 90s, maybe even 100 in the hottest spots, as well as potentially the most humid. Right now, there exists a small chance for air mass thunderstorms, with higher chances tomorrow. There is some relief due to cumulus clouds today.

4 hours ago, nj2va said:

Loving this heat wave...it’s about time we have sustained 90s. I know, I know...unpopular opinion here. 

From one region to another, congrats.

Currently 86 /72 at home  . High of 89. Worked down in Baltimore today on some lady's landscape lighting . It got a little nasty after 1pm. Her thermometer read 94 . Long day . That first beer is going to taste incredible :drunk:

Only 2 days of 90 + this year imby

• Like 1

91 here and longingly watching those scattered storms to the west.

Petersburg, VA raking it in today -- after reaching 93, they've had multiple rounds of thunderstorms since 2 PM with 1.75 and counting.  Raining and 67 degrees there now.