Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
May 2019 Discussion

Torch Tiger

46 minutes ago, Dr. Dews said:

People are outright wishing for several feet of snow, which would result in major tree/ limb damage being leafed out and extensive property damage. Disturbing.

lol.  But it all depends if it is full leaf out or not.  We are not full here (maybe 85%) so I should be safe if the snows decide to invade my area like the plague of locusts set upon Egypt as told in stories of yore. 

1 hour ago, Dr. Dews said:

People are outright wishing for several feet of snow, which would result in major tree/ limb damage being leafed out and extensive property damage. Disturbing.

As oppose to the 1-2 individuals who are constantly wishing for damage to occur from flooding/wind/ice/cat 3+ hurricane.????

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

I hope you (NNE) see 4-8' of snow, then immediately catapult straight into 70s-80s with dews and torrential MCS activity

Interesting post choice from the guy who spent the first few weeks here with flooding avatars. 

I think we can all agree on bluebird 70s for a few weeks with no rain.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Bostonseminole said:

We cannot control it so we should discuss it.. unlike wishing for moths to kill more trees :)

Nothing excites meteorologists more than photos of insect larvae.  That and maybe photos of 1.2" of fluff on cars in a parking lot everyday in January :lol:.  

Even a month ago that's a much different outcome.  What a track and mid-levels are near perfect for SNE into eastern NNE.  

Blows its load in the perfect spot for SNE if it were winter. 

Those 925mb temps mean that's ripping snow at 2-3,000 feet off the deck.  Planes approaching Logan through a blizzard aloft, lol.  

IMG_3139.thumb.PNG.206ce0e9731e6ef703f99d6b3d28970c.PNG

IMG_3138.thumb.PNG.b6cedea198f8a81107f085cf727534fb.PNG

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, ineedsnow said:

Somehow cool that off a bit and wow that would be epic!

I’m just hoping I can have a snowy hike in monads on my day off Tuesday or up Wachusett. I’m ready to go to 3K

If models ( besides 12z gfs) can close that low at 7H just east of central NJ ....it’s go time ...that’s a longer duration crawler

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Dr. Dews said:

Only deciduous trees on my woodlot that are even partially leafed out are aspen, and I wouldn't mind them getting thinned out to benefit the maples and oaks.  ;)
Won't happen, though - my place is 1500'+ too low.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, powderfreak said:

Interesting post choice from the guy who spent the first few weeks here with flooding avatars. 

I think we can all agree on bluebird 70s for a few weeks with no rain.

This thread title is a rather broad brush for discussions.