• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
May 2019 Discussion

Torch Tiger

It's annoying that the models keep providing enough stimulus to enable the denial swimming pool.    For some reason, ... it gives me a sense of pleasure knowing that whether folks allow themselves to visualize it or not,  ...JULY is still going to happen and empty that kiddie swim time. 

Ha... yeah yeah..  It may cat paw somewhere up there along the wind-balded desolation ...where of course it matters to so many ...  What, is there some sort of moral victory there? 

... Saturday looks like a chicken salad day, more and more.  Perhaps not as much in the elevations...   NAM and GFS MOS' now capitulating to higher sun angle tho.  It's helping that synoptics are correcting drier in the cloud levels ... but the down slope flow and the mid May microwave emitter in the sky nuking the hell outta the landscape ... they are now edging 70.  That's gonna be treat-worthy stuff after this day's scank that makes a Vegas slut look royal

54 minutes ago, Hoth said:

Lol, this time last year Ryan started honking about an EML. Now we track cold rain and elevation cat paws. Gotta love spring in NE!

mm.... so long as that "we" does not reflect the norm/ballast of people. 

These are a sort that probably carry on with a smidgen of that -S.A.D.  ...yes, that's "negative" .S.A.D. 

It's an actual peer reviewed, documented topic but it has to do with the 10th percentile who loathe nice weather?   Quite literally ...it causes them depression and pain, much in the same way the loss of daylight and cold weather cause the majority of population the same crisis in the winter time as we approach and exceed the middle latitudes.   So it's a minority but they do suffer...  

I'd extend an easy supposition ...there are those of that ilk skulking around in this particular social media...  But also, it's smeared by a population of outright dystopian lusters, and I'm starting to think these the majority of those that push.  Those who seem to hide an anxiety if there is no level of 'excitement' being delivered by the shear unpredictability of the intrinsic uncertainty of weather's vagaries... So what do "we" do?  Create an ominous pal that there is some sort of an apocalyptic caterpillar infestation that won't ever be that way ...It's 'nough to push one's seat back, quietly rise to their feat, amble into the kitchen, extract a melon-baller from the utility drawer ...and commence doing the same to their own eyes.  When you mash all these ... eccentrics up together and then listen to them opine, you can sort of gather a sense that 'normal' individuals sample the content in here and move on... Others, 'hey, ur my kind of peeps.  Why they come in here and get involved? - I've kidded in the past that it's really a kind of a support group, well ... all humor has that uneasy element of truism, and hate to say, but some of those proportions in saying that are probably closer to correct.  

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

mm.... so long as that "we" does not reflect the norm/ballast of people. 

These are a sort that probably carry on with a smidgen of that -S.A.D.  ...yes, that's "negative" .S.A.D. 

It's an actual peer reviewed, documented topic but it has to do with the 10th percentile who loathe nice weather?   Quite literally ...it causes them depression and pain, much in the same way the loss of daylight and cold weather cause the majority of population the same crisis in the winter time as we approach and exceed the middle latitudes.   So it's a minority but they do suffer...  

I'd extend an easy supposition ...there are those of that ilk skulking around in this particular social media...  But also, it's smeared by a population of outright dystopian lusters, and I'm starting to think these the majority of those that push.  Those who seem to hide an anxiety if there is no level of 'excitement' being delivered by the shear unpredictability of the intrinsic uncertainty of weather's vagaries... So what do "we" do?  Create an ominous pal that there is some sort of an apocalyptic caterpillar infestation that won't ever be that way is 'nough to push one's seat back, quietly rise to their feat, amble into the kitchen, extract a melon-baller from the utility drawer ...and commence doing the same to their own eyes.  When you mash all these ... eccentrics up together and then listen to them opine, you can sort of gather a sense that 'normal' individuals sample the content in here and move on... Others, 'hey, ur my kind of peeps.  Why they come in here and get involved? - I've kidded in the past that it's really a kind of a support group, well ... all humor has that uneasy element of truism, and hate to say, but some of those proportions in saying that are probably closer to correct.  

In the only Psych course I took in college, the teacher claimed that a person who was totally normal in all regards was the most abnormal of all.  Doubt anyone on this forum has to worry.  :lol:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ineedsnow said:

Some nice storms in NY.. HRRR says we get some of that later

Those are interesting on satellite ... the anvils are stripping off and running down stream indicative of a unidirectional velocity shearing.... 

14 minutes ago, tamarack said:

In the only Psych course I took in college, the teacher claimed that a person who was totally normal in all regards was the most abnormal of all.  Doubt anyone on this forum has to worry.  :lol:

oh, of course not...ahahaha.  

more human than human...   

Although, I have to admit ...I hate this faux winter in summer bullshit. It gets old quick ... It's no mystery to return users... In my own proclivity to bitch, moan and opine about the loathsome April mist... (that's apparently stealing time away from May this year yet again...), I expose my own humanity in such matters.

I almost wonder ... I think I have "conditional S.A.D." ?  if that makes sense...?   

I don't feel or sense any morose perception on matters or reality in circa November when there's some D 9 polar bombs detonating on the Del Marva...  I don't even mind the dark days and the endless nights... so long as it smells like snow and the nostalgia of it hearkens the way it supposed to... blah you get it... 

But, when it's cold and dim in April? That inspires a rage that envies Hades. The world should be grateful I do not possess super natural abilities because you wanna see f'n dystopia - my thoughts are guns of god damn Naverone when comes to having my warm seasons stolen so that nimrods can gloat about cat paws on a Goshawks head. 

1 hour ago, Typhoon Tip said:

It's annoying that the models keep providing enough stimulus to enable the denial swimming pool.    For some reason, ... it gives me a sense of pleasure knowing that whether folks allow themselves to visualize it or not,  ...JULY is still going to happen and empty that kiddie swim time. 

Ha... yeah yeah..  It may cat paw somewhere up there along the wind-balded desolation ...where of course it matters to so many ...  What, is there some sort of moral victory there? 

Oh Tippy, the usual if the models show  a nor'easter (wet windy or white) and if it gets talked about, it must be something worth analyzing the psyche.  The weather is going to suck early next week for sure, might as well ignore it.

Summer warmth will come my man, hopefully sooner rather than later.  Bury thy head in the sand for another week and wait to fill (not empty) that kiddie pool.  

5 hours ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

This Tuesday system needs a little help. Maybe if the southern piece is slower it could help a earlier phase and closing off of 7H low near Long Island instead of Ptown

Send it out to the ocean. I was hoping to golf Tuesday. 

18 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Oh Tippy, the usual if the models show  a nor'easter (wet windy or white) and if it gets talked about, it must be something worth analyzing the psyche.  The weather is going to suck early next week for sure, might as well ignore it.

Summer warmth will come my man, hopefully sooner rather than later.  Bury thy head in the sand for another week and wait to fill (not empty) that kiddie pool.  

mm... nah, deeper than that going on in here dude - 

• Haha 1

anyway... even though the Euro's inside of D5 that system's depth and evaluation it has for Tuesday appears overwrought to me...  But, going back to 1977  ..stranger things have happened, so we cannot discount the possibility of some white joining into the contention given the enormous anomaly that is hyper focused over mid latitudes of N/A in that model ( It's having trouble seasonally warm Canada)... combined with albeit rare, some historic precedence.  All druthers aside, the 'keep cold N/A' aspect is fascinating and one I don't believe is purely random but is perhaps instructive because of longer term system issues with the climate... ( as an aside I should say..).  

But, I wouldn't be surprised if that normalizes ... climate argues one looks for that first... 

Also, fwiw the oper. GFS is out of phase almost entirely with the oper. Euro just beyond that time frame...where one model 'looks' like an attempt at climo and the other... heh, does not - 

18z nam Brings snow to Berks , S VT monads and far n ORH county by 1am Tuesday am. 

925’s significantly cooler on nam compared to gfs thou both are honking loudest about storm . Unless you wanna include the navgem.

this is the most interesting system in a month imo , otherwise enjoy the lawn thread, the golf thread And the im married and my balls are locked in a jar above the fridge thread 

• Like 2
  • Haha 4