Jump to content
  • Member Statistics

    15,452
    Total Members
    7,904
    Most Online
    cberr1957
    Newest Member
    cberr1957
    Joined
Dr. Dews

May 2019 Discussion

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

It is what it is. Just enjoy whatever nice days we receive this month. Should be a low dew summer as a result.

Your pal Cranky says stock up on TP

1w6sEsL.png

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Sure. These guys agree but they also said cold and snowy winter so it’s an easy and obvious fade:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.countryliving.com/life/travel/amp27311759/farmers-almanac-summer-2019-weather-predictions/

They did? 

"November 2018 to October 2019. Winter will be milder than normal, on average, with above-normal precipitation and near-normal snowfall. The coldest periods will occur from late December into mid-January and late January into early February and in mid- to late February."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In fact... I mentioned this late last November but of course... it wasn't really acknowledged, but it appeared the majority of cold snowy outlooks were engineered in this social -media and/or the ilk of patrons thsat dine in it...  

Actually.. to be fair - there is some conflicting source material from them... still, there were local fan -favs in here that were ...hate to say, more the outliers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

+2F with clouds and rain 75% of days...yay.

I also think you have to be careful with how you interpret that. I don't think it had much to do with high temperatures as it did with slightly above average minimum temperatures...and not to go climate change, but that has become quite the common theme when we talk about these "above-average" periods...it's not necessarily b/c we're getting higher max's...it's higher minimum's. 

In the case of April...

 

who cares if it was 2F warmer when everyone is under their blankets with heads on the pillow

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

I also think you have to be careful with how you interpret that. I don't think it had much to do with high temperatures as it did with slightly above average minimum temperatures...and not to go climate change, but that has become quite the common theme when we talk about these "above-average" periods...it's not necessarily b/c we're getting higher max's...it's higher minimum's. 

In the case of April...

 

who cares if it was 2F warmer when everyone is under their blankets with heads on the pillow

Pretty much ... 

those that blanket apply statistical spreads like that without qualification ...usually trying to sell something.   Well - 

Anyway, elevated nocturnal lows can certainly skew a diurnal mean toward positive ...and, well, since 97 % of us carry on in our daily lives between 2 and 5 am outside of the home and out amid the elements, we can clearly see the usefulness of having elevated lows making it "appear" like a warm month.  :wacko2:

Aside, not sure anyone really offered up a debate about averages?   If so... okay - no argument from me.  Not sure I know of any source that did, either.  So it was warmer then normal.  The issue is/was ...  shit-stuffed-down-throat weather.  Nothing else. 

When it's clad, empirically shown to be 21 days of measurable...with cloud products anomalously large the whole way,... and it's wet and cool when people really are carrying about in their daily lives, ... that means a lot more.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Pretty much ... 

those that blanket apply statistical spreads like that without qualification ...usually trying to sell something.   Well - 

Anyway, elevated nocturnal lows can certainly skew a diurnal mean toward positive ...and, well, since 97 % of us carry on in our daily lives between 2 and 5 am outside of the home and out amid the elements, we can clearly see the usefulness of having elevated lows making it "appear" like a warm month. :wacko2:

Aside, not sure anyone really offered up a debate about averages?   If so... okay - no argument from me.  Not sure I know of any source that did, either.  The issue is shit-stuffed-down-throat weather.  Nothing else. 

When it's clad, empirically shown to be 21 days of measurable...with cloud products anomalously large the whole way,... and it's wet and cool when people really are carrying about in their daily lives, ... that means a lot more.  

Using BDL...the average high was like .6°F above-average...and that was likely skewed by 4 days where we had 2 high's of 76 and 2 of 78. 

You're last sentence says it all...this time of year where you have as much cloud cover/precip as we have you're not going to get an above-average month temp wise (at least not b/c of day time max's). The clouds/precip did help keep the min's higher and well the AN crowd can thank that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Go Kart Mozart said:

82f in Akron right now.  We suck...at spring weather

Living next to a 48 degree ocean doesn't help us this time of year....definitely sucks-the lack of sun, the gloom-let's forward to 6/1 please.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

50 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

They did? 

"November 2018 to October 2019. Winter will be milder than normal, on average, with above-normal precipitation and near-normal snowfall. The coldest periods will occur from late December into mid-January and late January into early February and in mid- to late February."

Yea the New Farmers Almanac had a cold and snowy winter. I forget there is an old and a new.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

Using BDL...the average high was like .6°F above-average...and that was likely skewed by 4 days where we had 2 high's of 76 and 2 of 78. 

You're last sentence says it all...this time of year where you have as much cloud cover/precip as we have you're not going to get an above-average month temp wise (at least not b/c of day time max's). The clouds/precip did help keep the min's higher and well the AN crowd can thank that. 

Good Post.

 

But for those that like to Spin and have an agenda, it's all the same to them unfortunately.

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Rtd208 said:

That guy is a clown.

He’s an idiot who doesn’t know his ass from his elbow. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, CoastalWx said:

He’s an idiot who doesn’t know his ass from his elbow. 

I stopped following him after the whole Hurricane Michael fiasco.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

That happens at like 10am.

I doubt it's 72 here at 10am.    Far Western sections should get to mid afternoon before it falls apart IMO

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Saturday looks like a beaut. Sun and low- mid 70’s away from the water 

i hope we can salvage the weekend, looking forward to 70's and sun, lots of yard work still to do..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Bostonseminole said:

i hope we can salvage the weekend, looking forward to 70's and sun, lots of yard work still to do..

Sunday looks like a soaker unfortunately 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Typhoon Tip said:

They did? 

"November 2018 to October 2019. Winter will be milder than normal, on average, with above-normal precipitation and near-normal snowfall. The coldest periods will occur from late December into mid-January and late January into early February and in mid- to late February."

Wait, the coldest periods of winter will occur in bursts from late-December into mid/late February?  

Holy crap, they must have some helluva algorithm to make that guess!

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

April was AN

zWqU6Lw.jpg

Do you have the url link to this graphic?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×