Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
May 2019 Discussion

Torch Tiger

45 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Those are all sugar maples and Oaks. Full leafout . Not fully mature, but have all leafed out.

It's only considered leaf-out if your NIT....Nonsense in Tolland.  

Give it up already, nobody on here considers the current state of the foliage to be full leafout.   Except you of course.   

I think we are closing in on last year...maybe still ahead a bit. But it slowed way down. Get out into the areas with more hardwood maples and oaks and it hasn't done much. My hood gives the impression of being ahead of most thanks to the Norway maples, but the oaks are a tad ahead of outlying areas.

20 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

It's only considered leaf-out if your NIT....Nonsense in Tolland.  

Give it up already, nobody on here considers the current state of the foliage to be full leafout.   Except you of course.   

Yes actually they do .Everyone acknowledged the leaves have come out. You live in a very eccentric world and one that struggles with reading comprehension and also one that is stalking in nature. What does your wife say?

• Haha 1

On 4/17/2019 at 12:15 AM, OceanStWx said:

Give me a ridge roller, otherwise I don't need it.

1995jul15rpts.jpg

Is that 1995 ...  ?    I think I remember that one.  Came through just post dawn where I lived at the time, Middlesex County here east of Worcester in Mass.  

Mostly it was straight line winds that woke me as they turbine-howled through trees being with shredding leafs material flitting airborne beneath a very usually wide under-shelf of knotting scud.  There was some distant thunder but nothing severe really took place beyond that initial pulse of outflow.  I stood in the street doing my weather dork gawk thing, and managed to just catch sight of a rope funnel some distance away as it dangled to about half way down...  

That was the year of that heat apocalypse in the Midwest.  Chicago head-counted a huge death toll attributed to that heat event...  Livestock over several state areas were basically boiled right in the pastures and laid over dead.  That's when I started privately musing ... why is it that heatwaves are not one of the fab five?  Those of course being, Tornadoes, Blizzards, Hurricanes, Lightning, and Floods.  They are just as quantifiable... and empirically impacting - it's idiotic they are not.  They should be construed right along with these other killers.  But don't seem to be, nor when there is ever a heat index-casualty-related event do they appear to be registered as a natural disaster.   Maybe things have changed in recent decades ... but as recent as 2012 ... there was a heat wave that certainly should have been described as a natural disaster - maybe it was?  It may sound silly.. .but seeing beef in packages going for 15 bucks a pop for a pound because the kill-off was so extreme  ... seems right there.  

Sorry..wildly digress... Anyway, the closest we came to tasting that heat ... I remember the night before that derecho ( or it's collapsed outflow remnant) came rolling through, we were 87 F at 11 pm on a bank thermometer in down town Maynard Mass... ( small town west of Boston) and recall thinking .. that might be the hottest I'd ever seen a temperature at that particular hour of the night.  The following afternoon after that derecho we did make 95 ...and that might have even been the hottest it got that summer - I remember feeling sort of left out and ripped off as a heat pattern enthusiast for having missing out on that incredible Midwest synoptic event.  Heh, ...missing out because it's New England - go wonder... 

3 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Is that 1995 ...  ?    I think I remember that one.  Came through just post dawn where I lived at the time, Middlesex Country here east of Worcester.  

Mostly it was straight line winds that woke me as they turbine-howled through trees being with shredding leafs material flitting airborne beneath a very usually wide under-shelf of knotting scud.  There was some distant thunder but nothing severe really took place beyond that initial pulse of outflow.  I stood in the street doing my weather dork gawk thing, and manage to catch sight of a rope funnel some distance away as it  dangled to about half way down...  

That was the year of heat apocalypse in the Midwest.  Chicago head a huge death toll attributed to that heat event...  Livestock over several state areas were basically boiled right in the pastures and laid over dead.  That's when I started privately musing ... why is it that heatwaves are not one of the fab five?  Those of course being, Tornadoes, Blizzards, Hurricanes, Lightning, and Floods.  That are just as quantifiable... and empirically impacting - it's idiotic they are not.  They should be construed right along with these other killers.  But don't seem to be, nor when there is ever a heat index-casualty-related event do they appear to be registered as a natural disaster.   Maybe things have change in recent decades ... but as recent as 2012 ... there was a heat wave that certainly should have been described as a natural disaster - maybe it was?  It sound silly.. .but seeing beef in packages going for 15 bucks a pop for a pound because the kill-off was so extremes  ... seems right there.  

Sorry..wildly digress... Anyway, the closest we came to tasting that heat ... I remember the night before that derecho ( or it's collapsed outflow remnant) came rolling through, we were 87 F at 11 pm on a bank thermometer in down town Maynard Mass... ( small town west of Boston) and recall thinking .. that might be the hottest I'd ever seen a temperature at that particular hour of the night.  The following afternoon after that derecho we did make 95 ...and that might have even been the hottest it got that summer - I remember feeling sort of left out and ripped off as a heat pattern enthusiast for having missing out on that incredible Midwest synoptic event.  Heh, ...missing out because it's New England - go wonder... 

yes, it seems 1995

http://slapointewx.com/wrgb/weather_historical_daily/1995/Derecho_95.html

19 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Good luck to those expecting a summer start to May. It is May...expect some nice days even in a crappy pattern...but oye...looks wet.

There is a solid chance too this pattern could be locked in through much of May.

This omega-block with the center of the ridging yielding a -NAO and a cut-off in the SW is going to be a tough nut to crack. Not to mention that PNA ridge

test8.gif

17 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Yes actually they do .Everyone acknowledged the leaves have come out. You live in a very eccentric world and one that struggles with reading comprehension and also one that is stalking in nature. What does your wife say?

LOL.....Whatever NIT.

• Haha 1

Just now, Typhoon Tip said:

someone time sensitive but check out these contrails SW of the Louisiana coast over the open Gulf as they seem to slice the sky ...

https://weather.cod.edu/satrad/?parms=local-New_Orleans-02-24-0-100-1&checked=map&colorbar=undefined

Speaking of LA check out the thermodynamic conditions across TX. Ample shear too...I wonder if we will see a 3-4'' hail report today? That's about as unstable as you can get. Only thing really lacking is better ulvl jet support.

34 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Good luck to those expecting a summer start to May. It is May...expect some nice days even in a crappy pattern...but oye...looks wet.

Oh it's hell - ... just call a spade a spade.  Not that you're not - just sayn'

I mentioned in the other thread before people got so disgusted with the weather they started a new thread to make it all go away ... that there's even airs of 2005 about that mid/extended look. 

The [possible] savior being in that "mid and extended" nature of the outlook - as in, time to dismantle it...  Otherwise,  pray kumbaya ... 

It sucks.  We gobble up May stolen away and it's a substantial part of the warm season ...gone. It's no different than the antithesis ...like a 2012 winter - although that was more extreme in that particular direction..