• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kgottwald
    Newest Member
    kgottwald

Spring 2019 New England Banter and Disco

On ‎6‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 10:28 AM, mreaves said:

We were a little worried about that.  I saw a doe in the area later in the evening and assumed she was waiting for people to leave before getting the fawn and the fawn was gone in the morning.

Excellent non-action! 
Wardens and wildlife rehab folks get loads of new-born "faux-orphan" fawns this time of year from people who are unaware of deer behavior.  Mama deer makes the near-scentless little critter(s) lie still while she's our refueling.  Staying clear and checking later is exactly right.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Lava Rock said:

Another hernia surgery down. Man that pain sucks after. The things you take for granted become exponentially harder

More mesh?

5 hours ago, OceanStWx said:

5 hours ago, OceanStWx said:

2019062000_NAM_048_38.67,-97.12_severe_m

NAM GW

This looks like something straight out of Bangladesh. 

NAM GW

This looks like something straight out of Bangladesh. 

Congrats on the EF4 Dillon

July 6-7, 1965

I doubt we see July airmasses like this ever again.

CON,1965-07-06 12:00,KCON 061200Z 31018KT 15SM SCT/// 16/09 A//// RMK SLP163 T01610089
CON,1965-07-06 15:00,KCON 061500Z 33015KT 15SM CLR 19/07 A//// RMK SLP180 T01940067
CON,1965-07-06 18:00,KCON 061800Z 36013KT 15SM CLR 21/02 A//// RMK SLP188 T02060022
CON,1965-07-06 21:00,KCON 062100Z 31008KT 15SM CLR 21/02 A//// RMK SLP191 T02110022
CON,1965-07-07 00:00,KCON 070000Z 33007KT 15SM FEW/// 18/02 A//// RMK SLP212 T01830017
CON,1965-07-07 03:00,KCON 070300Z 31005KT 15SM CLR 09/04 A//// RMK SLP227 T00940039
CON,1965-07-07 06:00,KCON 070600Z 01003KT 15SM CLR 05/03 A//// RMK SLP238 T00500028
CON,1965-07-07 09:00,KCON 070900Z 07004KT 15SM FEW/// SCT/// 03/02 A//// RMK SLP244 T00330022

Wow...

https://www.cnn.com/2019/06/22/us/new-hampshire-accident-motorcyclists-pickup-truck/index.html

... Have to get more on the details to render any judgement buuuut... this strikes me as a Darwin award. 

I've seen highway cycling antics up there enough to wonder if there's local stunt culture in NH.  And one that on this day and time, got in the way of common sense on this one.  I've been driving N. on 93 and 3 ...more than a couple of times, when suddenly the whir of high compression crouch rockets shames my velocity on both side of my vehicle from behind.  A few of which are even doing wheelies ... this at 70 mph.  They're aren't all wearing helmets, too.  

I don't know - we'll see.  But wouldn't shock me if this was a time when one of these transient made popularity gangs tried to pass the wrong vehicle.

11 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Wow...

https://www.cnn.com/2019/06/22/us/new-hampshire-accident-motorcyclists-pickup-truck/index.html

... Have to get more on the details to render any judgement buuuut... this strikes me as a Darwin award. 

I've seen highway cycling antics up there enough to wonder if there's local stunt culture in NH.  And one that on this day and time, got in the way of common sense on this one.  I've been driving N. on 93 and 3 ...more than a couple of times, when suddenly the whir of high compression crouch rockets shames my velocity on both side of my vehicle from behind.  A few of which are even doing wheelies ... this at 70 mph.  They're aren't all wearing helmets, too.  

I don't know - we'll see.  But wouldn't shock me if this was a time when one of these transient made popularity gangs tried to pass the wrong vehicle.

190622075621-01-nh-motorcycle-crash-0621-exlarge-169.jpg

34 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Wow...

21 minutes ago, wxeyeNH said:

190622075621-01-nh-motorcycle-crash-0621-exlarge-169.jpg

7 Marines killed. 

D5BF90DF-B2F7-4E42-91B8-E9A15F74BFE0.jpeg

6 hours ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Wow...

Or not.  1st reports say the pickup and bikes were driving in opposite directions.  People routinely travel 70+ on that road, whether 2, 4 or more wheels.

@dryslot What's the deal with the "Lewiston Lobster roll?"   I saw a hotdog roll with an actual hotdog in it, topped with lobster meat. 

2 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

@dryslot What's the deal with the "Lewiston Lobster roll?"   I saw a hotdog roll with an actual hotdog in it, topped with lobster meat. 

Not sure, If i had to guess where it is its probably at Simones Hot Dogs, Nothing i would eat, That takes up to much space in the roll.

I was just poking around the Good Harbor (Gloucester) stats...

The current SST is 52F. (8F BN)

Most of the North Atlantic is well BN. Makes sense considering the cool regime we’ve been experiencing here on the coast. 

Just now, dryslot said:

Not sure, If i had to guess where it is its probably at Simones Hot Dogs, Nothing i would eat, That takes up to much space in the roll.

It might not even have anything to do with Lewiston. Just heard the name. And yeah, why on Earth would you do that?

Just now, CoastalWx said:

It might not even have anything to do with Lewiston. Just heard the name. And yeah, why on Earth would you do that?

Maybe eat a dog on the side, But i'm not wasting that roll with anything other then stuffed with lobster meat.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dryslot said:

Maybe eat a dog on the side, But i'm not wasting that roll with anything other then stuffed with lobster meat.

Violently agree. 

5 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Violently agree. 

There's a deli here that i go to that i buy lobster salad, Its all knuckle and claw meat, 15.59/lb

Lobster meat.jpg

Just now, dryslot said:

There's a deli here that i go to that i buy lobster salad, Its all knuckle and claw meat, 15.59/lb

Jesus H. It's 30-40 bucks here for that. 

1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

Jesus H. It's 30-40 bucks here for that. 

Most places is $25-30/lb here, But that's why i hit these guys up, And the girl that i know there makes sure i get a little extra once she already runs the tag off the scale............:guitar:

1 hour ago, dryslot said:

Lobster meat.jpg

More tender than the tail, so I save it for last.

And though I like hot dogs, I'd consider them pollution to join lobster in the roll.

1 hour ago, tamarack said:

More tender than the tail, so I save it for last.

And though I like hot dogs, I'd consider them pollution to join lobster in the roll.

Yeah, Tail meat is much tougher, No way that is happening, I mean WTF is that? Some of the prices you pay for a lobster roll at some of these places i want as much lobster meat in there as possible, I pick and choose where i go for one if i'm out but i usually just make my own.

The picture I saw (from amarshall) had the nastiest looking lobster meat I’ve ever seen. All dried out looking. 

Hard pass

we should also close down this thread since we are into summer

15 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

The picture I saw (from amarshall) had the nastiest looking lobster meat I’ve ever seen. All dried out looking. 

Hard pass

we should also close down this thread since we are into summer

This is one i had from Reds Eats in Wiscasset, There is a roll under that pile of meat, But you want to be prepared to wait 45-90 mins in line for one at times, Its just a hole in the wall shack but they do $5 million in business annually out of that location, And that's just May-Oct.

Lobster1.JPG

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, dryslot said:

This is one i had from Reds Eats in Wiscasset, There is a roll under that pile of meat, But you want to be prepared to wait 45-90 mins in line for one at times, Its just a hole in the wall shack but they do $5 million in business annually out of that location, And that's just May-Oct.

Lobster1.JPG

They drive me crazy with traffic when I go to my office in Damariscotta.