Total Members
    Most Online
    Waltzman
    Newest Member
    Waltzman
Danajames

February 19-21, 2019 storm threat

20 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

It was colder. We were well below freezing at onset. But that was a juicy system as well. That storm is about as good as we can do here with a cutter. Solid foot everywhere out here.

Well, not everywhere.....

• Haha 1

Saw this on Twitter...cali is getting crushed with el nino rain this month....we blew a golden opportunity 18401e39e51517fb96d91e087a338348.jpg

• Thanks 1

I don’t remember any Dec storm in 2013 here that was a foot. I recall a Sunday storm that was about 7”, followed by a storm on Tuesday that was about 5” and another on Saturday that was about 3”.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

I don’t remember any Dec storm in 2013 here that was a foot. I recall a Sunday storm that was about 7”, followed by a storm on Tuesday that was about 5” and another on Saturday that was about 3”.

That is my memory.  I got 7 that sunday.... it was lots of snow games on TV.  Great, great day.  

Got 3" that Tuesday, but got nothing that saturday.

9 minutes ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

I looked it up on my FB page and we didn’t fare so well in Fairfax during that storm if it’s the Dec 9th storm. We had a Winter Storm Warning for 3-6” and it ended up being about 2” before changing to sleet and freezing rain. 

Just now, snowmagnet said:

I looked it up on my FB page and we didn’t fare so well in Fairfax during that storm. We had a Winter Storm Warning for 3-6” and it ended up being about 2” before changing to sleet and freezing rain. 

Yes, the inner suburbs had a WSW that busted. I think it was a couple degrees to warm.

6 minutes ago, 2010 extreme said:

You guys are thinking of Dec 8, 10 and 14 of 2013. North and west did well cities did not do as good. 

I ended up with almost two weeks of snow cover with those successive events.  Pretty nice for December.  Then by Christmas it was back to upper 60's.

Tongue of moisture on 0z nam looks much better than the 18z did at 42 hrs. Would think the thump would be good just basing it off that. Will see as the run progresses.

2 minutes ago, Buddy1987 said:

Tongue of moisture on 0z nam looks much better than the 18z did at 42 hrs. Would think the thump would be good just basing it off that. Will see as the run progresses.

Liking the looks of the NAM

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

I could be mixed up, wouldnt be the first time. But I thought we got a foot from the storm on the 8th? Maybe I was combining the two?

Just now, yoda said:

Yup... HP is also slightly farther south 

Yoda, gotta say out to 48 the high has shifted westward as well. 18z was over toward Binghmaton. 0z has it around the Buffalo area. Good sign to see the HP not trying to haul its way out of here.

1 hour ago, Ji said:

we waited for ever for SOI to tank and MJO 8 1 2...this better not be it man.....if we suck in these phases...whats going to...never mind

This might be last call for us brother.   We gotta make it happen

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, stormtracker said:

This IS last call for us brother.   We gotta make it happen

fixed. 

1 minute ago, Solution Man said:

Moisture further East in NC and VA this time

Yup. Dryslot is pretty much non-existent. 57 still has me teetering on the snow/sleet line so you guys further north should have a good thump incoming.

1 hour ago, psuhoffman said:

How were temps before the December 2013 event. This has some similarities to that imo. 

If you are talking about 12/8/13 it was rather cold.  My recorded high was 27 and low was 23.  8.75" of snow that day followed by another 4.25" on 12/10 and 2.25" on 12/14.

• Like 1