Total Members
    Most Online
    Bobby Orr
    Newest Member
    Bobby Orr
WxUSAF

February 10-12, 2019 Storm

1 minute ago, BaltimoreWxGuy said:

Painful to hear that just a few miles to my NNW is receiving snow and nada here in the Dalk

My elevation (nearly 400ft) really helps in marginal events like this. Was kinda surprising to change back over, even with temps on the rise.

1 minute ago, Snowlvr said:

In the yellows again really big flakes. I can definitely see getting over 5 here 

WUNIDS_map (32).gif

Yes sir, good stuff going on over your way. Same here in Westminster, really has picked up and my colleague over in New Windsor said those yellows/oranges in FDK county are legit. <1/4 mile vis. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BlizzardNole said:

Congrats!  Clarksburg has a nice little microclimate going on.  I've seen times in the past when I drove three miles from my house to Clarksburg High School and seen snow on the ground when I had nothing.  I wonder how the High Street area of Damascus did.  I got 0.5 before changing to rain before midnight.  Here is another measurement just a few miles from you:

image.png.61012535a51e4ab62acf36b0d269b4db.png

I am not sure where exactly the spotter above is located, my area's altitude is over 645' and almost always do get higher amount of precip compared to the surrounding areas in Clarksburg no matter what type!  I do not have my official ID as an spotter but I follow the SKYWARN measurement guidelines though.  As you put it accurately we tend to have a nice little microclimate going for us in northeast of the county.       

7 minutes ago, T. August said:

Does lwx not take public snow reports anymore? All I see on the reported totals are media/cocorahs/spotters

Take a spotter training class. It only takes a few hours, then you'll be able to send spotter reports.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

Interesting day ahead of us along the boundary. Especially if it continues to sink south a little.

I need it to sink back down into HoCo ASAP. Can you make that happen for me? ;)

We've over-performed in the near city area of FDK most of the year vs expectation, but hard to watch the good stuff pass a few miles to our north this go 'round.  

18 minutes ago, T. August said:

Does lwx not take public snow reports anymore? All I see on the reported totals are media/cocorahs/spotters

You can tweet/message them on Facebook.  They haven't issued a public information statement for some time.  Not sure why.  You can check out weather.gov/lwx/winter for their snow map and see their reports.

• Thanks 1