Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
1/29- 1/30 Storm Threat

40/70 Benchmark

1 minute ago, wxextreme said:

Big difference between reality and a wishcast.  I agree with you, there is no way we will be able to mix down 60-70kt winds.  Mt. Washington, sure, but they wont be mixing down...they will just be in the heat of it.  

Where are the winds anyway?

barbabdl.png

Just now, weathafella said:

I don’t think my house ever had that.  I live in a wind hole.

I have had a 70mph wind gust at my house in Ashby, MA.  This was due to a very strong gust front.  I also live in a wind tunnel and have three RM Young anemometers and a Downeaster Anemometer set up at my house (well sited) and get 40-50mph winds, but 60+ has only happened once in 3 years.

1 minute ago, Damage In Tolland said:

They should be up down to NW RI. They’ll fix it at 4:00

Too low confidence for 3"+ in NW RI....I'd put one up for your county I think though. Middlesex county is close...QPF concerns, but that is low confidence too. Solid difference on model guidance. My hunch is they prob lean toward 3"+ though because of some CF enhancement.

Just now, ORH_wxman said:

Too low confidence for 3"+ in NW RI....I'd put one up for your county I think though. Middlesex county is close...QPF concerns, but that is low confidence too. Solid difference on model guidance. My hunch is they prob lean toward 3"+ though because of some CF enhancement.

Yeah TOL and Windham counties will be in it at 4:00. I think KGAY gets into one 

12 minutes ago, wxextreme said:

There might be a slight arguement for Central to Eastern MA looking at these plots.  Grasping at straws here trying to figure out the wishcast.

barb.png

Pretty sure Wiz didn’t wish cast and pretty sure no one said they expect those winds. You guys have a way of making mockery out of a basic question. 

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Pretty sure Wiz didn’t wish cast and pretty sure no one said they expect those winds. You guys have a way of making mockery out of a basic question. 

Oops, didnt mean to call anyone out, but trying to understand how it was even brought up.  Sorry about that

12 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

HRRR finally figuring out the low wont' track NW of ORH....colder as a result.

Looking fairly good for me north of KFIT.  Interesting to see how orographic enhancements set up as I live on the side of a fairly large hill adjacent to a mountain (Mt Watatic).  Usually for these types of storms it aids in snow totals.

Just now, Ginx snewx said:

That was my point.  I thought pickles inadvertently was slamming Paul and I thought it was uncalled for.

8 minutes ago, wxextreme said:

Looking fairly good for me north of KFIT.  Interesting to see how orographic enhancements set up as I live on the side of a fairly large hill adjacent to a mountain (Mt Watatic).  Usually for these types of storms it aids in snow totals.

Ashby is a very good spot in general...esp western half of town. You'll do well in this event.

• Like 1