Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
January/February Winter Storm Threat Tracker

Ji

Just now, Cobalt said:

Alright, no worries. Just was saying that since y'all got a pretty good Dec 9 storm. Interesting how there were 2 VA snowstorms on the exact same day a year apart. 

Another 12" before winter is over will be nice. I can use another day of drinking bourbon while the snow falls. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

It kinda falls apart at 192 hrs, but the 168hr setup is pretty loaded on the Euro.  PV moving toward the 50/50 zone, northern and southern shortwaves moving toward each other, and a nice PNA ridge. 

Looks like the big ULL west of CA sort of kicks the ridge too far east by 192, but a nice setup regardless.  

Get that trailing trough from the pv to depart a little quicker allowing some better (eta: Quicker height builds ) height builds in front of that closed low/short wave and I think we would be in business. 

9 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

It kinda falls apart at 192 hrs, but the 168hr setup is pretty loaded on the Euro.  PV moving toward the 50/50 zone, northern and southern shortwaves moving toward each other, and a nice PNA ridge. 

Looks like the big ULL west of CA sort of kicks the ridge too far east by 192, but a nice setup regardless.  

Gfs also looked pretty good but the timing was off.  The blocking up top degraded a bit in that timeframe as well.

F4E91E91-1B7B-4C2C-B109-FEA7C6023836.png

Just now, Ralph Wiggum said:

Who cares. Let this subforum enjoy this season. Ive been visiting here long enough to know they dont get theirs quite as often.

Huh?  When did I say cared if the rest of the MA gets snow?  I'm happy if they do, just pointing out that PA has been screwed just as much as NYC and Boston

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Major snowstorm for GA and SC. Right where we want it.

I agree, that period here still needs to be watched. Meanwhile,  Alabama and Miss. get 3 to 6 inches of snow if the Euro is right next Weds. and Thursday, crazy.    

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, showmethesnow said:

Get that trailing trough from the pv to depart a little quicker allowing some better (eta: Quicker height builds ) height builds in front of that closed low/short wave and I think we would be in business. 

I havent seen the maps. But that sounds like a snowmageddon setup. PV acting as our 50/50.

Just now, Maestrobjwa said:

That's the one I'm the most interested in...What happens mid next week I'm kinda looking past (unless it gets more interesting, lol)

I wouldn't dismiss either storm. Both are occurring at prime times for big storms. One as the pv is dropping down and the other as it is withdrawing northward through the 50/50 region.

• Like 6

• WxUSAF unpinned and locked this topic