• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Winter Begins Jan 20th AWT

40/70 Benchmark

The NAM is really trying to tell everyone this is a 6-8 hour IB burst/snow shield... Which can dump a ton, sure... not downplayin' anything ... 

I'm almost inclined to lean that way as a correction because there's less in the way of cyclogenesis potential with the open wave/compression overall ... We've lost the contention/possibility suggested by previous Euro runs for a late phase ... so, having to rely on the other mechanics alone... I think the flatter fast bias is warranted -

• Like 2

This run clearly does attempt to usher the warm front closer to the south/SE coasts though ... Don't filter that fact through the "I hate that so unconsciously elide noticing" lens...

That said, I don't believe we are penetrating just liquid that far into CT/RI for all reasons heretofore lobbied... 

5 minutes ago, Mr. Windcredible! said:

smidge warmer at the surface and 850 for CT...but still colder than the Euro. If we see the Euro nudge south at 12z then we certainly could be trending towards a compromise of the two. 

I was just about to get to some thing like that.  At hour 54 on 6Z vs hour 48 12Z the NAM is actually further south down the coast. In fact it actually is further south at hour 54 vs 60 hours from the 6Z near Nantucket.

2 hours ago, Ginx snewx said:

Euro makes me nervous for the ice threat. Wish I could see a sounding.  +7 at 850 is alot

us_model-en-087-0_modez_2019011800_60_504_308.png

us_model-en-087-0_modez_2019011800_63_504_210.png

Yeah man, I agree. I can imagine any of the other models vomiting all over themselves with the mid level thermals while getting the overall evolution right, and they all suck at the surface, but it's hard to see the Euro being off that much in the ml temps this close in.

1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

SREFs were actually pretty cold...surprising since they are usually the ones that are jackpotting Montreal during an SNE event....our favorite obscenely amped model, the ARW, never gets the 0C 850 line past the pike.

There's a pretty consistent message from all the mesos leaning cold here in early stages