Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Winter Begins Jan 20th AWT

40/70 Benchmark

2 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Any more ideas for SNE?

Your backyard may see a little more ice that previously thought. I still think you don't crack freezing, but the warmer models aloft do allow for full melting for a time Sunday morning. 

Maybe you pull advisory snow on the front side, followed by sleet and freezing rain. Maybe if you're lucky you grab a third of an inch ice.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

Your backyard may see a little more ice that previously thought. I still think you don't crack freezing, but the warmer models aloft do allow for full melting for a time Sunday morning. 

Maybe you pull advisory snow on the front side, followed by sleet and freezing rain. Maybe if you're lucky you grab a third of an inch ice.

I think the icing from NW RI hills west in CT will be a now cast type event.

3 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Looks like 2-4 for BOS/here. Down half of what I thought. Harvey probably not liking the 6-12. Feel like we could see some nasty ice west of me and into Nw RI and CT.

Euro really really did well on the mid and upper levels. Once I saw that 5/6/7 runs in a row..you had a feeling more ice less snow

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Pretty much. These cold temps in the 20s prior to 7a really scream arctic antecedent air. What a pissah. And just like this winter has, this low will probably plow through my fanny as well. 

lol glad you werent around in the 80s then, this was a yearly occurrence back then.

No one seems to be able to give a proper answer, what causes a pattern that gives us suppression that alternates with coastal huggers? We had that in the 80s and we have that now.  The winters were colder back then but much less snowier.  They had this same pattern though where storms either went way south when it was cold enough to snow and then they hugged the coast at other times- so we got screwed from all different directions.  I refuse to believe it was just "luck" it happened every year, and this year is just like that.  Was it because of the MJO (back then too?)

7 minutes ago, LibertyBell said:

lol glad you werent around in the 80s then, this was a yearly occurrence back then.

No one seems to be able to give a proper answer, what causes a pattern that gives us suppression that alternates with coastal huggers? We had that in the 80s and we have that now.  The winters were colder back then but much less snowier.  They had this same pattern though where storms either went way south when it was cold enough to snow and then they hugged the coast at other times- so we got screwed from all different directions.  I refuse to believe it was just "luck" it happened every year, and this year is just like that.  Was it because of the MJO (back then too?)

I was. I’m 39. It’s a frightening throwback. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, LibertyBell said:

Your not gonna receive many answers today man , women and children should hide If things ticker another hair milder aloft. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Torch 

not shocked w any outcome in this scenario 

but what a way to sucker punch a area on day 8 or more of model watching 

I still think this ends up cooler at the sfc, but yeah, that’s why it’s useless obsessing over details at d8.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I was. I’m 39. It’s a frightening throwback. 

ah, nostalgia.....

in the words of the immortal Billy Joel, "the good ole days weren't always good."

https://www.billyjoel.com/song/keeping-faith-7/

‘Cause the good ole days weren’t
Always good
And tomorrow ain’t as bad as it seems