Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January/February Medium/Long Range Disco

nj2va

17 minutes ago, Fozz said:

I wouldn’t read too much into that. It’s only one ensemble mean from one model and it shows that we have many chances. How they turn out, nobody knows.

Very true, the pattern can produce is what the message should be. 

28 minutes ago, poolz1 said:

Verbatim, that would put me 15" above climo.  So, if not another flake fell I would end the season roughly at 150% snowfall for the season.  Perspective....and one KU sends me to 200%....

I hear what you are saying tho....a lot of talk about historic type stuff.  Still on the table imo.

We know those maps about snowfall weeks in advance are illy. But, I agree with you, the potential is there.

I think we even brought up the point that the models may have issues still figuring out the outcomes of the SSWE correctly. If John ( Earthlight ), is correct, along with others after Jan 19th to 23 rd you might see things look even better for us.  Those are the dates when the trop really feels the impact from the strat.  

58 minutes ago, frd said:

Based on the seasonal predictions this is not acceptable.  This goes to March 4th ......Meh

ECE1AE7C-04A8-4D93-B7F6-82887F0FADDC.png

1.  Eps monthly snow means are very conservative. You rarely get them much above or below climo. That’s a good look. Same as it was a few days ago when everyone was celebrating them. 

2.  That as is would put DC at about 150% of climo. 

3.  That’s straight 10-1 and some places in here would do better. 

4.  That mean is likely skewed down by the members that disagree on the good pattern. The ones that agree likely have higher snowfall. So if the majority cluster are right we would do better. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, cbmclean said:

+ Anomalies not really centered over Greenland, more like Baffin island.  Does that make a significant difference?

It's a west based -nao which is the best possible location and exactly what we want in both our areas. Any -nao is better than none but a west based with highest heights centered over the Davis Straight is the ultimate mid atlantic and SE weenie block

• Like 11

12 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

It's a west based -nao which is the best possible location and exactly what we want in both our areas. Any -nao is better than none but a west based with highest heights centered over the Davis Straight is the ultimate mid atlantic and SE weenie block

I had to rub my eyes to make sure I was reading that map correctly.  Pure WOOOOOOOOF HONNKKK WOOOOF look right there.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

You're gonna need about twenty faces for that blizzard.

1 hour ago, cbmclean said:

+ Anomalies not really centered over Greenland, more like Baffin island.  Does that make a significant difference?

That's a classic west based block which normally is a sweet spot for the MA. With the TPV so far south tho, that h5 look might produce a snowstorm in coastal SC.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, psuhoffman said:

1.  Eps monthly snow means are very conservative. You rarely get them much above or below climo. That’s a good look. Same as it was a few days ago when everyone was celebrating them. 

2.  That as is would put DC at about 150% of climo. 

3.  That’s straight 10-1 and some places in here would do better. 

4.  That mean is likely skewed down by the members that disagree on the good pattern. The ones that agree likely have higher snowfall. So if the majority cluster are right we would do better. 

A week or 2 ago we were in the light purple and pale greens. Much nicer colors on snow maps.  But I realize it was just 45 day snow fantasies.  Thanks for your great insight. 

19 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

That's a classic west based block which normally is a sweet spot for the MA. With the TPV so far south tho, that h5 look might produce a snowstorm in coastal SC.

It produced a rainstorm for us. Didn’t you hear Ji. lol.  Actually if it stretches out west to east like that we would be ok. That rain idea is bunk though. 

Just now, snowmagnet said:

A week or 2 ago we were in the light purple and pale greens. Much nicer colors on snow maps.  But I realize it was just 45 day snow fantasies.  Thanks for your great insight. 

Add 8-12" that we just received what color is it now?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Ji said:

Im going go put on my yoda hat

the fv3 looks like a strung out disaster

Follow up waves are often not even seen until mid/short range. I actually think the cmc is a good solution because it shows potential for a storm. 18z gefs moved towards the idea. Even if all models showed a followup snowstorm I still wouldn't beleive it until the short range. Razor thing margins on those things but this setup is actually pretty good for one to work out. 

I also liked the icon's buried shortwave. Shows another way something can work out inside of d10. Starting to have the feel that it just wants to snow even though the general pattern isn't very good.

• Like 2

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic