Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January Banter 2019

George BM

1 hour ago, psuhoffman said:

Umm no...it’s not, but it is what it is.  Some of us can root for snow but deal with reality at the same time.  You wouldn’t happen to know a fellow by the name snowstorm4567753234555()?(;:;(66766 would you?  

2 hours ago, RDM said:

PSU - No, you're not weird and your posts are evidence of that.  I'm in your same boat wrt the science of this cursed affliction we all have and the analysis that should go with it.  I don't have a fraction of the experience you, Showme, Chill, Millville, Wes, CAPE, 007 and others have, which is why I read more and post less - even with 20+ years here and on Eastern.  Agree fully on the premise it does not matter if the outlook is for snow or not and if the runs are not promoting snow, some analysis as to what is amiss is a good opportunity to learn why.  That does not diminish my lust for snow one bit nor a poster's desire for snow who posts an analytical justification for why the odds are against us.  But it sure is more informative to ready why it's not going to snow that to just rant blindly about the situation like some do.  And for the record, there's nobody here who wants snow more than me.

If half the posters in the LR and the Storm Threat thread would also read more and post less then the overall quality of the information would be more beneficial to all.  There's several newbies who still don't get what banter is and/or don't have the self awareness to recognize when they are not contributing something worth reading, but just venting.  If they want to vent, and we all do from time to time, do it banter and give the Mods a break and help keep the sub-forums on topic, at least to the extent possible.  In that regard, it appears we may have a newbie who's a reincarnation of someone who was recently banned, and banned for good reason.  

What really takes the cake is when a newbie tries to challenge an experienced contributor in a main sub w/o the analysis to back a position.  Would be nice if there was a way to tag those sorts of posts with feedback to help that poster get a clue - maybe a stars rating like on eBay.  Partially joking on the stars idea but if there was such a rating option you and the others mentioned above would get 5 from me.   

PSU - think we're on to the same thing.  If this is the same guy, Randy may need to employ an IP tracer if not already in use.  If the guy is using a bit torrent or onion router, then his IP will be different from before.  But there's ways to detect the uses of those obfuscation techniques too.  If the new user is the same as the former snowstorm4567753234555, hope he can muster some consideration and buzz off to somewhere else. 

3 minutes ago, MDstorm said:

GFS is the Barney Fife (a la Don Knotts) of models.  It will have things figured out by the time the event is unfolding.

Even Barney had one bullet in his shirt pocket for emergencies!  That's where Sherriff Taylor made him keep it.  So I guess that means even in dire circumstances, there's still hope justice will prevail - that justice being that the MA gets the snow its unwavering members deserve.  

1 hour ago, mattie g said:

Based on posts in other threads, it looks like Ji is going back on ignore. It took all of two days. Up until then I think I’ve been ignoring him ever since the move from eastern.

The models took away his snow lol.  Funny how he complains so much and sort of gets away with it cause it's Ji

6 minutes ago, LP08 said:

Isn’t the worst look.  Would probably need the lower heights further south in Canada but I like the higher heights up top.

8E878F8C-94F3-452C-BAC6-C0F4EBFE5E24.png

The blocking fields are completely saturated by above normal heights. Our snow days are coming to an end except for occasional fluke events when the stars align. For some that may suffice. Also notice how the height pattern follows the contours of the oceans. Midwest looks golden for a few more years or so in the snow department.

3 hours ago, psuhoffman said:

I was just making a point. I knew you were kidding last night BUT some might not and that was my point to why I replied. It wasn’t about you. I thought it was funny actually. 

As for how to settle this I should warn you I was west hall beer pong champion at psu hazleton 2 consecutive years so let’s do this. 

Oh, it is ON!!! lol Actually I like the idea, would be a fun event. Would attend if possible.

41 minutes ago, Vice-Regent said:

The blocking fields are completely saturated by above normal heights. Our snow days are coming to an end except for occasional fluke events when the stars align. For some that may suffice. Also notice how the height pattern follows the contours of the oceans. Midwest looks golden for a few more years or so in the snow department.

yay you again

• Like 1

3 hours ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

This forum has been tough to read this year.

Hopefully everyone realizes that we still have 6 weeks or more of solid winter left.

Hey man! I'm actually relieved to see you post again. Not trying to ask you out or anything but I was a little worried not seeing you around this year. 

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, showmethesnow said:

You don't say? Thank you for enlightening us. 

#CaptainObvious

I can think of some other things that are worthless 

22 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

I just want 6" of thundersnow in 2 hours. Seems reasonable 

That’s still 3” less than that euro run the other day -Ji 

17 minutes ago, BTRWx's Thanks Giving said:

I'm moving this to banter. 

If it's so obvious why do people keep discussing at those time frames?

You are right. Why are we discussing the models at the longer ranges? We should just shut down all talk and threads dealing with anything on the models that go beyond the short and mid range. After all, why bother?

#Captainepiphanystrikesagain

3 minutes ago, showmethesnow said:

You are right. Why are we discussing the models at the longer ranges? We should just shut down all talk and threads dealing with anything on the models that go beyond the short and mid range. After all, why bother?

#Captainepiphanystrikesagain

I specifically said that every model has a different range...

1 hour ago, Bob Chill said:

I just want 6" of thundersnow in 2 hours. Seems reasonable 

6" of snow in 2 hours is boring. 36" of snow in 2 hours would be EPIC! Maybe we can get TWO cat 5s up the Potomac this year as well. Imagine seeing 36" of snow in 2 hours followed by 2 cat 5s up the Potomac in the same year! Maybe we can score a couple tornadoes with the thundersnow squall as well.

Vegas currently has the over/under for DC official recorded snowfall total from 12:01am Jan 27, 2019 thru Feb 3, 2019 12:01am at 1.25"

I'm taking the under. Think they receive about .75" with the fropa Tue-Wed then squeeze out another .25" with squalls and snow showers Wed-Thurs. Weekend system misses altogether.

1 minute ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

Vegas currently has the over/under for DC official recorded snowfall total from 12:01am Jan 27, 2019 thru Feb 3, 2019 12:01am at 1.25"

I'm taking the under. Think they receive about .75" with the fropa Tue-Wed then squeeze out another .25" with squalls and snow showers Wed-Thurs. Weekend system misses altogether.

Maybe we could get “real” forecast out of clowns like JB and TP if they were forced to bet money on their forecasts. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, leesburg 04 said:

Today feels like a great day to stay off of the internet 

I am going to do that for the most part. Gonna go outside and work on some unfinished projects. If the winter does go in the crapper, I will get all my typical "spring" chores done on the nicer days, so I can just stay in the house during Spring mosquito season, which looks like it will be horrific. Although since we don't have a Nino, maybe we get a dry pattern for a couple months.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, leesburg 04 said:

Today feels like a great day to stay off of the internet 

Just now, C.A.P.E. said:

I am going to do that for the most part. Gonna go outside and work on some unfinished projects. If the winter does go in the crapper, I will get all my typical "spring" chores done on the nicer days, so I can just stay in the house during Spring mosquito season, which looks like it will be horrific. Although since we don't have a Nino, maybe we get a dry pattern for a couple months.

Come on guys. Join me. Deb hunting is where the excitements at. And today will be open season with many grazing through the fertile pastures of Despair.

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, leesburg 04 said:

I may log back on later to read the "I told you so" post by fill in the blanks _ _ _  ;)

Yep, this board is full of Nostradamus's. But honestly it really isn't rocket science to call for a bad winter when you consider 3 out of 4, if not 4 out of 5 are crap winter for our region. Smart money goes with the odds.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic