George BM

January Banter 2019

43 minutes ago, supernovasky said:

After the last two winters, I freaking earned this snow.

Have fun with it, Supernovasky!  I think we've all earned it, indeed!  And if things are how they appear now, this won't be the last warning-level potential you experience this year!!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AfewUniversesBelowNormal said:

rap_conus_028_precip_ptot.gif

Jan 2000 still on the table. Wrapping up really nice for 3 hours right now. 

rap_conus_028_sim_radar_1km.gif

This is weenie tag worthy.

3 hours ago, nj2va said:

Yes, GGEM is the Canadian also known as CMC.

RGEM is the high res GGEM and the HRDPRS is the higher res Canadian (sort of like GFS/12KNAM/3KNAM)

Thanks.  So is the RGEM confined to a smaller area like the NAM is confined to North America?

Model Wars 2018 starts now

RAP vs, EURO, UKMET, RGEM, GGEM, GFS. NAM, 3KNAM, HRDPS, FV3GFS, HRRR, NAVGEM, JMA, ICON, EPS, GEPS,GEFS,SREF

I'm putting the odds at 1/100,000, any takers?

57 minutes ago, cbmclean said:

Thanks.  So is the RGEM confined to a smaller area like the NAM is confined to North America?

Yes, I think the R actually stands for regional (instead of G for global) so I believe its just NA.  

2 minutes ago, snjókoma said:

1" in N Arlington, but road just wet as salt has had time to work with the constant lulls. Expecting another 1-2".

Lol

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, snjókoma said:

Dendrites have finally arrived, but they'll leave quickly as the lull starts. Eyeballing about 2 inches, hoping to get 1 or 2 more tonight before temperatures get above freezing tomorrow.

1 hour ago, snjókoma said:

1" in N Arlington, but road just wet as salt has had time to work with the constant lulls. Expecting another 1-2".

Lol

• Haha 2

Just now, C.A.P.E. said:

I really thought the Colts would win that first game. :yikes:

That was just ugly.  What about Vinateri’s missed FG and missed EP.  It’s a good thing you have a better track record with predicting pattern changes than playoff games.  :poster_stupid:

• Haha 1

Just now, yoda said:

Lol love the taunt after the PP goal by the Blue Jackets to win it on OT

That was a BS slash on Backstrom....he can taunt all he wants even though the blew a 2-0 series lead last year

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LP08 said:

That was a BS slash on Backstrom....he can taunt all he wants even though the blew a 2-0 series lead last year

It was a slash... even the Caps announcer said so.  I was watching the game.  Pens on soon

32 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Drinking a Belgian DIPA from Cult Classic Brewery on Kent Island. Good stuff.

I've been drinking sips of scotch between pints of water after three dozen oysters earlier today, so I think I'll join you for a beer. I'm going with a sour. Weyerbacher Rico Guave.

And where on Kent island is that brewery?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

I've been drinking sips of scotch between pints of water after three dozen oysters earlier today, so I think I'll join you for a beer. I'm going with a sour. Weyerbacher Rico Guave.

And where on Kent island is that brewery?

Its in that strip mall- the old ACME grocery store. Perfect space for a brewery/tap house. Basically divided it in half, and put windows in so you can see the brewery from the bar. They make some really great beers. I got a personal tour and actually tasted their Hazy IPA right out of the conditioning vessel(the owner was effed up- he drinks a lot of his product lol). O-M-G is that good. They will have it on tap next month.

• Like 1