Jump to content
  • Member Statistics

    15,508
    Total Members
    7,904
    Most Online
    kgottwald
    Newest Member
    kgottwald
    Joined
jburns

2019 Banter Thread

Recommended Posts

11 hours ago, jburns said:

Small potatoes. This Marlin weighed over 3000 lbs.  Back in 66 it was I had just started to ..............

standard.jpg

That one is a lot purtier too. We were so excited to finally hook up that we brought the fish in the boat green and he promptly stuck his bill through one of my buddies shoe, foot and deck. We had to pry it out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, frazdaddy said:

That one is a lot purtier too. We were so excited to finally hook up that we brought the fish in the boat green and he promptly stuck his bill through one of my buddies shoe, foot and deck. We had to pry it out.

Ah yes, a vocabulary enhancing incident.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, jburns said:

Ah yes, a vocabulary enhancing incident.

 

20 minutes ago, jburns said:

Ah yes, a vocabulary enhancing incident.

I did learn some new words that day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Happy Summer Solstice everybody! 

Good news: The length of daylight will now start to shorten with each passing day.

Bad news: It will continue to warm for about another month. **we have to reach equilibrium. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎6‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 10:28 AM, FallsLake said:

Happy Summer Solstice everybody! 

Good news: The length of daylight will now start to shorten with each passing day.

Bad news: It will continue to warm for about another month. **we have to reach equilibrium. 

MeanWhile in Colorado, they received 2 FEET of snow in places! In June!

https://www.cbsnews.com/video/colorado-gets-almost-2-feet-of-snow-on-the-first-day-of-summer/?ftag=COS-05-10aaa0g&utm_campaign=trueAnthem:+New+Content+(Feed)&utm_content=5d0eb9ff4079a700018e18b9&utm_medium=trueAnthem&utm_source=twitter

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/22/2019 at 12:17 PM, superjames1992 said:

Yeah, I just moved from Tallahassee to Durham this past weekend.  I am excited to see snow again. :snowman: I know the events that GSO gets that RDU does not are going to be painful, though! :weep:

I grew up right off Piedmont Parkway (where my parents still live), so I am quite familiar with Skeet Club (I actually went to Southwest Guilford High School right near there).

Welcome back home man. We have missed ya.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/6/2019 at 12:35 AM, Subtropics said:

Do y'all cover Hampton roads? 

Yes, we have a few posters from that area.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's a good discussion (..at the end it turns to a debate) on lake effect snows for central and eastern NC. There are some good example links for 2003 and 2009.

https://cimmse.wordpress.com/2014/02/05/an-examination-of-lake-enhanced-snow-across-central-nc-on-22-january-2014-2/

As a side note: While living in Wake Forest back in the 90s, we had a similar event whereas a cold front passed and a nearly stationary thin band of snow formed over northern Wake County. Ended up with ~1" of snow (nothing was forecasted).    

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, FallsLake said:

Here's a good discussion (..at the end it turns to a debate) on lake effect snows for central and eastern NC. There are some good example links for 2003 and 2009.

https://cimmse.wordpress.com/2014/02/05/an-examination-of-lake-enhanced-snow-across-central-nc-on-22-january-2014-2/

As a side note: While living in Wake Forest back in the 90s, we had a similar event whereas a cold front passed and a nearly stationary thin band of snow formed over northern Wake County. Ended up with ~1" of snow (nothing was forecasted).    

Good read ,thanks' Falls. I remember that and Fischell talking about it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎7‎/‎31‎/‎2019 at 10:06 AM, frazdaddy said:

Good read ,thanks' Falls. I remember that and Fischell talking about it.

Yeah even though it's very rare, it's something we can hope to see again in the future. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I made the weather channel.  Crazy storm came through Isle of Palms Thursday and I took a video of umbrellas bouncing down the beach.  All in all I'd say they lost about 50 umbrellas just along the stretch where we were staying.   At the end of the storm, the wind was blowing in the opposite direction.  Below is a screenshot of the video.

IMG_8995.HEIC

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m moving from 3 miles west of downtown GSO to 11 miles north of downtown GSO.  Being farther away from the I-40/I-85 battle zone hopefully increases my chances for wintry precip.  :snowing:   I can’t complain though.  At the old house, I did pretty well most winters.  This upcoming season should be interesting.

 

I’m so sick of this humid heat though.  Bring on the months ending in BER.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s quiet in here. I haven’t been on much in the last year either. So excited to see snow this year in Korea. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×