Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January Medium/Long Range Discussion

nj2va

Just now, Ji said:

Haven't heard much talk about how next week all the sudden become cold and wintry after a warm Tuesday. Its like we got a bonus week

Your mood has improved.  Let’s see what we can do about that. It is looking better. Guarded optimism 

5 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

Yea, heavy on the northern stream doesnt work well in these parts. Euro blew up the southern shortwave. Eps shows more than the kitchen sink. This one will end up feeling like tracking multiple events by the time its figured out. It's all we got tho so may as well overanalyze it

Who's staying up for the Euro?:devilsmiley:

6 minutes ago, poolz1 said:

384 op run....but probably indicative of some of the looks we will start seeing as things evolve over the next week or so.

sGL0OGd.png

If we can’t get a snow storm in that pattern then, and I am going to use some harsh language,  I am going to be darn disappointed.  

9 minutes ago, Chris78 said:

I wish there was a love button on here lol.

We are all jonesing for something to track... D9 look doable but difficult and probably frustrating.  Seems models are picking up on a D12-14 signal that I think has better potential....

• Like 3

Just now, poolz1 said:

We are all jonesing for something to track... D9 look doable but difficult and probably frustrating.  Seems models are picking up on a D12-14 signal that I think has better potential....

That’s usually how we roll here too.  Pattern changes and we miss the first event and then its on.  

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, poolz1 said:

Yes Day 9 would be great but I think we are going to have to wait to the 20th before we start have a real shot at something.

Edit : I should say 16th to 20th.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, BristowWx said:

If we can’t get a snow storm in that pattern then, and I am going to use some harsh language,  I am going to be darn disappointed.  

You could not draw a better 500mb map if you were asked to do so That map is a thing of beauty! I agree, that has a snow look for many in the east.

15 minutes ago, nj2va said:

18z GEFS agrees with the EPS and starts building heights into AK ~D9.  And we have this look by the 18th...low heights forming over the east.  Building -NAO.  PV dropping down.  Look out.

A3F53E13-EFB5-4047-9C18-ACA37E781476.png

Speaking of the GEFS,  it did well with the strat, better than the Euro, and at times by a large lead. Something with that model and its ability to discover long lead changes at high lats.  Regardless what it was that caused the better outcomes, this was not the first time.  Go GEFS ! 

Lends confidence to a high impact weather event here, near the 16 th to the 22 nd .

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

We went from barely anything to track to so many threats and chances thru 384 hrs+ I dont know which to post as there are several drool worthy looks. This FV3 h5 map is calling to me....my goodness:

fv3p_z500_vort_us_61.png

Eta: just shift things a hair farther east and dive that NS

Holy hell! If we opened up a thread for every storm threat coming......we would be WXDisco. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, frd said:

Yummy,  but need moisture.  

The unicorns look festive and cheery but we should still keep our expectations in check. Worst case scenario would be a miss with one of the systems ushering in the cold then the PV taking over and we go frigid cold but dry. It's a possibility but I think there will be fluctuations with several dips/retractions from the PV and our times to cash in will be in between. Speculation of course.

It does look like we are turning thr corner now that we have full agreement on meaningful change inside of d10. However, there's a lot of history in our region where we struggle during the front side of the change. Unless we pull off a Feb 2015 type of reversal I fully expect to struggle. Looking at the ens member output, snowfall is scarce in relation to how good the h5 mean looks. 

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic
  • WxUSAF locked this topic