Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January Medium/Long Range Discussion

nj2va

3 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

GEFS not real gung ho with snowfall on the d10 potential but a number of mixed precip solutions are in the mix. Like I said yesterday, I'd be happy with a glaze of zr before it gets washed away. Yep, I'm that far down in the valley... lol

Bob’s deb phase lasted about 3 days.  

44 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

That works and it's not even that far away. I don't expect some magic flip from Pac barf hell to wide open HECS but that mean panel is def not a shutout pattern. Sooner the better... Thanks!

GEFS 2m from next Thursday and beyond is definitely "workable" and like you said, not impossible as we are entering peak climo. 

Liking the theme of an earlier turn to better times ahead... so far. 

2 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

GEFS basically says the pattern is workable past D9 or so.  AO looks like it's tanked after D6 or 7.  

GEFS has all of Canada BN with temps late in the run. That's a very good sign that the majority of ens members deflect the pac jet away from a direct shot. EPS did the same at 0z. All we can do is hang on for dear life and pass time...

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

GEFS not real gung ho with snowfall on the d10 potential but a number of mixed precip solutions are in the mix. Like I said yesterday, I'd be happy with a glaze of zr before it gets washed away. Yep, I'm that far down in the valley... lol

i would be happy with the type of storm we got on dec 26...cant remember the year...but it was like 2 hours of good snow--1-2 inches...then sleet and glaze--then rain

1 minute ago, Bob Chill said:

GEFS has all of Canada BN with temps late in the run. That's a very good sign that the majority of ens members deflect the pac jet away from a direct shot. EPS did the same at 0z. All we can do is hang on for dear life and pass time...

I am already looking for when our  new winter pattern breakdown starts

• Haha 1

Just now, Bob Chill said:

5 day MSLP panels look great on the GEFS. Get a pressure pattern going like this and the only thing that can stand in our way is bad luck. 

we havent had bad luck since the last time we needed good luck

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, leesburg 04 said:

What is typical around here is that as we wait for a pattern change to the better before we actually get that pattern change to the better we will start looking for the timing of the breakdown of the not yet materialized better pattern. What a group

It only took 3 hours

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

Euro has morning flurries on Monday. Could be thread worthy. 

p2ewRQq.jpg

Columbia-Rockville deathband is back! And playing all the old hits: “suck on this jackpotville!”, “how much for philly? Nothing!”, “we’ll always have Feb 2010”

• Haha 1

Euro making a nice shift like the GFS with less ridging and more confluence in east for the d9-11 window. Are we going to be tracking a legit threat inside of 10 days? Wut?!

ETA: before Ji comes along and says the run sucks... It's no doubt much closer to having something to track than any previous run in weeks

• Like 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic
  • WxUSAF locked this topic