Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
December Discussion II

Typhoon Tip

16 minutes ago, Powderboy413 said:

Front half of winter. December 1-January 15th. Back half is January 15th- March 1st. This will end up being a backloaded winter lol

That’s if your going by MET winter...Regular winter it looks to line right up with peak climo!!  So not backloaded ..right on target-loaded!!  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Greg said:

Whatever floats you boat. I still think it starts a little more earlier than Jan15, this I'm pretty sure of and I still call most of March Winter still.

Its a figure of speech...90% of snow occuring after 1/15 is considered backloaded, regardless of whether you want to bludegeon folks with semantics.

Just now, weathafella said:

In 2018, I had snow otg for weeks in March-until very late month or later-can’t remember...

It’s just to me I’d rather have it winter ( December) than Morch which turns into spring . Just how I’d prefer it. March loses the feel of winter to me with the sun angle and daylight increases

• Like 1

Just now, CoastalWx said:

We had some runner ups, but I think you’re right. Last year was close here and we had two close ones in 2013. One of them may have done it here. I’d have to go back.

Yeah... 2013 had a couple of SWFE that came close.. but I don’t think got there.

For as good a run as we’ve been on... it goes unnoticed how bad December has been for the better part of a decade here.

50 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

It’s just to me I’d rather have it winter ( December) than Morch which turns into spring . Just how I’d prefer it. March loses the feel of winter to me with the sun angle and daylight increases

Kids shoveling their driveways so they can play basketball outside until 7pm in the long days of March?  

It's an interesting thought process for someone at 1,000ft elevation but I actually thinks it lines up with your general yearly cycle.  You do enjoy rushing seasons to early ends and like the next season to begin early.  Be it trying to get summer in April or winter to arrive in October.  

I wish it was like that too...more of solar season's.  Like when it's light out until 7:30pm it should be more like summer weather, not a rain/snow mix in April.  Dark at 5pm in November should be deep winter.  Problem is our season's lag a lot behind the solar cycle.  But I get your vibe on that.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Kids shoveling their driveways so they can play basketball outside until 7pm in the long days of March?  

It's an interesting thought process for someone at 1,000ft elevation but I actually thinks it lines up with your general yearly cycle.  You do enjoy rushing seasons to early ends and like the next season to begin early.  Be it trying to get summer in April or winter to arrive in October.  

I wish it was like that too...more of solar season's.  Like when it's light out until 7:30pm it should be more like summer weather, not a rain/snow mix in April.  Dark at 5pm in November should be deep winter.  Problem is our season's lag a lot behind the solar cycle.  But I get your vibe on that.

It’s cute seeing unrealistic expectations year after year.

1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Agreed.  Front-loaded is far better imo.  I'll still take March when it deliver, though!

6 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

It’s cute seeing unrealistic expectations year after year.

Like I said I get it from that perspective of daylight and how it makes you perceive the seasons.  On March 21st in New England you could have a 30-inch pack with the same amount of daylight as when Ginxy is bodysurfing in Rhode Island in September.

I would rather mid-summer during the longest days of the year and mid-winter be in December during the darkest time of year.  But Nature doesn't care what I want lol.   

• Like 1

Just now, powderfreak said:

Like I said I get it from that perspective of daylight and how it makes you perceive the seasons.  On March 21st in New England you could have a 30-inch pack with the same amount of daylight as when Ginxy is bodysurfing in Rhode Island in September.

I would rather mid-summer during the longest days of the year and mid-winter be in December during the darkest time of year.  But Nature doesn't care what I want lol.   

Right I get it, was more referring to Kevin’s expectations which you graciously bashed.