• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Hc7
    Newest Member
    Hc7
Amos83

December 8-10 Winter Storm Obs

Capped out at 43 for the day this afternoon. Currently 41.6. DP has been around 29 for most of the afternoon, still is.  Overcast.

6 minutes ago, Wow said:

Capped out at 43 for the day this afternoon. Currently 41.6. DP has been around 29 for most of the afternoon, still is.  Overcast.

We’ve cooled a lot with the precip moving in.  Made it to 42 but currently at 36/33.  Dropped 6 degrees in about 2 hours.  Also still a lot of sleet mixing in. 

Rates picking up slightly in Hendersonville just as the sun is going down. Roads starting to get slushy and parking lot of hotel is starting to turn white. I'd say we have almost an inch now right off the interstate.

• Like 1

31F here, 36 in Boone as we drove through about 4pm.  44 leaving Wilkesboro but we were in the mid 30’s going through the mountains, crazy difference.  

Sitting at 38/35 here.  Topped only at 43 and have been dropping since 2pm.  Been a real cold rain all day, but I've got that feeling that the wintry stuff's on the way sometime soon between now and a few hours later, or so.

2 minutes ago, WeatherNC said:

31F here, 36 in Boone as we drove through about 4pm.  44 leaving Wilkesboro but we were in the mid 30’s going through the mountains, crazy difference.  

I'm sure I missed it, so where did you decide to set up shop?

3 minutes ago, palmettoweather said:

Just returned from Paris Mountain, mixing in solidly now. 34 with a trace of sleet/snow.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

thanks for the report...temp/DP dropping very slowly here...

36.6/35,  mixing with higher rates

wondering conditions in southern Greenville County?

4 minutes ago, strongwxnc said:

It has begun here. 36 with a rain/sleet snow mix. 

BOOM :)

Snow was mixing in at work when I left at 3 pm, (ICC Spindale), but as I got on 74 it was just rain, then started mixing back to snow at the Polk county line... all snow as I started up the grade on I-26.  Surprised it took so long.  Currently 33.6 and moderate snow here in Saluda NC

Just now, kvegas-wx said:

I'm sure I missed it, so where did you decide to set up shop?

Place called Mystery Hill, just outside Blowing Rock as you head back to Boone on 321.  Area had the best existing coverage on the ground and was 31F, whereas it was 36 in Boone.  Cabin is on an eastern slope with lots of area to play.  Looked at a few places in Blowing Rock but we have a wide open playground here with jeb trails.   

4 minutes ago, drfranklin said:

thanks for the report...temp/DP dropping very slowly here...

36.6/35,  mixing with higher rates

wondering conditions in southern Greenville County?

With higher rain rates we are getting bigger/wetter rain drops. Hope this helps 

39 and moderate/heavy rain 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

35/25 here in Kvegas....heart of the Triad.  Should have no problem bringing down some snow as soon as the precip arrives.  Got the scrape blade on the tractor, bring it Old Man Winter!!