Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
11/27 - Everything and the Kitchen Sink Obs

Lava Rock

1 hour ago, powderfreak said:

Man, Gene with the 31-inch November.  Not too bad, lol.

Crazy PF.  Nature has a way of balancing out.  Last summer it seemed I missed every T storm and rain chance.  I was constantly complaining about my empty pond.  Now I seem to be in a sweet zone for snowstorms.  

Brian.  If your not doing anything the next few days be my guest and come over and rescue dozens of birches that look like this!  They need rescuing fast.  Almost all my apple trees took big hits, some fatal.  At least the chestnut saplings are happily buried.

1 hour ago, dendrite said:

Don't look now, but it's snowing out there again. lol

I went out there and pulled each birch out of the snow and shook each one off the best I could. They're all mostly back up to 45° angles now. Hopefully they recover...they were all perfectly straight thanks to the neighbor's row of blue spruces on the north side.

The birches that didnt snap last year basically grew sideways this year.

8 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Gene what were your other events again? Jesus Christ 31”?? Wow.

He was pretty much in the area for max relative to climo... I remember thinking after the last event that he had a very impressive month SE of the bigger terrain (as usually November climo favors CAA and NW upslope type snow behind cutters type of stuff).

52 minutes ago, dendrite said:

They're hanging into the yard. If they stay that way I'll just cut them down...so I'd rather they keep growing straight up.

Last year in my cement storm I was out in my yard with my roof rake banging trees branches, Rhododendrons, for hours. I saved a lot but lost a lot, hundreds of snappers.  When was your last cement storm. I remember being up there in Feb 01 when the huge Ski touring cross country place burned down right by the entrance to the Auto Road.  The beauty in Gorham that day was forever etched in my mind. It was Hoth 

10 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

The birches that didnt snap last year basically grew sideways this year.

You see the 18z EURO?  We'll see what happens at the ski resorts but man, on it's own it could be an advisory event for the mountains and western slopes.

Mostly still to come tonight, tomorrow and even tomorrow night.

47043357_2897911863567614_77302089267753

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, mreaves said:

10”-12”. I know there was a lot of compaction. This might be the hardest snowblowing I’ve ever done. Not made any easier by the fact that I have a flat tire on my snowblower. 

That's sick.  You were into that magic elevation zone of paste too. 

I really think I probably got 1-1.25" QPF for 6.5" of snow (as of 4pm) at 750ft... could even tell a noticeable bump up at 900ft.  Once you got that extra .5 to 1 degree of cooling the snow amounts exploded as ratios rose rapidly.  You go from like a 5-6:1 dripping paste to 8-10:1 paste.

Riddle me this... it was pounding snow while I walked the dog this evening and the radar showed next to nothing.  Normally this type of snow is at least 15-25dbz, or even a brief 30dbz, but tonight there's nothing on radar. 

I don't want it to come off or sound like gloating...but when you combine the -7F monthly departure, and the fact that it just wants to snow, this has been a great November.  I can't remember these types of departures in the means, to go along with a parade of systems (most folks in NNE got at least 2 headline type systems) plus some squalls. 

Anyway, good snow despite the radar depiction as the dog and I walk the Rec Path by Sushi Yoshi.

KMHZhbf.jpg

1iSJDCT.jpg

If it's doing this here where there are no radar echoes, what is it doing where there are?

lwxq6eX.gif

59 minutes ago, CTValleySnowMan said:

Seems like most local TV, radio, NWS were too conservative with snowfall amounts along the east slopes of the Berks, particularly in Franklin County MA.  Many forecasts for the Northern Berks were 1-5, 2-6 highest above 1500.  Hawley, Rowe, Charlemont area got about a foot.  

That report out of Charlemont is suspect.  My buddy says 5-6" at Berkshire East.

1 hour ago, CTValleySnowMan said:

Seems like most local TV, radio, NWS were too conservative with snowfall amounts along the east slopes of the Berks, particularly in Franklin County MA.  Many forecasts for the Northern Berks were 1-5, 2-6 highest above 1500.  Hawley, Rowe, Charlemont area got about a foot.  

Petes up to 8 and still snowing under clear radar at times.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wxeyeNH said:

Here you go Scott.  I have been keeping track on the AMWX snow total page

snow total.jpg

You got me on that 11/13 event where it was 2-4" from Meredith to Plymouth and almost nada down here. That plus the 7" overnight basically accounts for our foot difference. I'm at 19.8" so far.

10/27 0.2"
11/13 0.4"
11/15 1.3"
11/16 3.0"
11/18 0.1"
11/19 0.7"
11/20 7.5"
11/21 1.0"
11/26 3.1"
11/27 2.7"

3 minutes ago, dendrite said:

You got me on that 11/13 event where it was 2-4" from Meredith to Plymouth and almost nada down here. That plus the 7" overnight basically accounts for our foot difference. I'm at 19.8" so far.

10/27 0.2"
11/13 0.4"
11/15 1.3"
11/16 3.0"
11/18 0.1"
11/19 0.7"
11/20 7.5"
11/21 1.0"
11/26 3.1"
11/27 2.7"

North of the pike. And thensome.