Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Nov 15/16 First Weenie Obs

RUNNAWAYICEBERG

2 minutes ago, weathafella said:

I’m around 4 inches and still ripping.  I’m going through it in it but awaiting the death band to maximize the fun.  Right now we’re 1 per hour.  Pissed me off that the last clinging oak leaves on the side lawn all blew off in th snow and are laying on top of the snow.   Need a good burst to bury them.

:weenie: w/ extra mustard.

2 minutes ago, weathafella said:

I’m around 4 inches and still ripping.  I’m going through it in it but awaiting the death band to maximize the fun.  Right now we’re 1 per hour.  Pissed me off that the last clinging oak leaves on the side lawn all blew off in th snow and are laying on top of the snow.   Need a good burst to bury them.

Prob another 40-45 min I think for the S ORH county/E CT band....then it will be there...unless it blossoms further out ahead of it

Nov15_958pmRadar.gif

I’m around 4 inches and still ripping.  I’m going to go out  it in it but awaiting the death band to maximize the fun.  Right now we’re 1 per hour.  Pissed me off that the last clinging oak leaves on the side lawn all blew off in th snow and are laying on top of the snow.   Need a good burst to bury them.
When is the death band coming thru?

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

4 minutes ago, ice1972 said:

HFD metro holding on strong......pixie dust now.....no mix.....precip looks to be spotty now so maybe that cuts down the mix but that band blowing up over Bridgeport now is gonna come through and its not gonna be snow me thinks

Sleet and snow mix, 26 degrees.  8.75”   Sensational Event. 

Was hoping to make 9”, don’t think I’m gonna make it lol.  

2 minutes ago, ice1972 said:

lol the dual pol loop shows HFD hanging tough......beating it back for now

I'm not sure the majority of the board mixes in the true sense. I don't think the mid levels warm above freezing for many. The problem will be the dry slot dries out the snow growth zone and you flip to some drizzle or at best some very poor snow growth.

Just now, OceanStWx said:

I'm not sure the majority of the board mixes in the true sense. I don't think the mid levels warm above freezing for many. The problem will be the dry slot dries out the snow growth zone and you flip to some drizzle or at best some very poor snow growth.

Is it that or is it just that the precip is shutting down at the right time to limit the mixed........usually I hate the dry slut but on the rare occasion I welcome her lol

2 minutes ago, Sugarloaf1989 said:

7" heavy snow.

3.25" here and dense, I just threw a couple of shovels full. I think S of Pike is going to be the big overachievers.  I fear once that ML warming starts ripping N the pingers will advance too quickly for areas N of RT 2 to play catch up. We'll see, either way we will easily reach the low end our zone forecast of 4-8" so any personal disappointments wont necessarily mean a forecast bust.  Great early season event regardless.

1 minute ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

3.25" here and dense, I just threw a couple of shovels full. I think S of Pike is going to be the big overachievers.  I fear once that ML warming starts ripping N the pingers will advance too quickly for areas N of RT 2 to play catch up. We'll see, either way we will easily reach the low end our zone forecast of 4-8" so any personal disappointments wont necessarily mean a forecast bust.  Great early season event regardless.

I wish I could get out in it.

2 minutes ago, ice1972 said:

Is it that or is it just that the precip is shutting down at the right time to limit the mixed........usually I hate the dry slut but on the rare occasion I welcome her lol

You could say that. I think there will be some below radar beam ugly precip just because we keep the lift despite losing the saturation aloft.

2 minutes ago, Sugarloaf1989 said:

So not a lot of freezing rain?

I don't expect widespread true freezing rain.