Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Nov 15/16 First Weenie Obs

RUNNAWAYICEBERG

4 hours ago, LibertyBell said:

Reminded me of November 1989 type cold right before the Thanksgiving snowstorm.  The cold lasted through December, unfortunately the snow did not for us anyway.

My earliest and perhaps only memory of a white Thanksgiving in the New Haven area. I was 5 at the time. Next snowfall I remember was March '93.

10 minutes ago, tamarack said:

Cocorahs obs from Randolph, NJ reported 11.3" and my old home town (about where the "p" of Randolph Twp is) had 9.0".  Lots more than my 4.7", but here it was all snow - lousy dentritic growth but no taint.

This was NJ Nys WCT 12 -13-07. Heavy 2 inch per sugar on a 28 degree highway. 

Overall I called for 5 here and got 8.5, hit Kevs 8. I knew about 1pm we were in for a super thump. When my temp dropped from 30 to 26 from 11 am to 1pm mid Novie, what??. Thanks for the Maine Arctic air and dewpoint drain

What's your depth? Don't need to leave the neighborhood for food this week. Turkey's taken just before the snow, Deer this morning down by the firepit.

20181116_065509.jpg

20181115_104110.jpg

• Like 1

On 11/16/2018 at 11:08 AM, CoastalWx said:

I love this one. It was in the long duration storm in 2015 IIRC. Look at those fooking gloves and lights. :lol:  

How theheck are you guys so smart that you remember exactly what storm this is?  I can do that from my own crazy details but god knows what storm this was for this video lol, I just did it for TV!  

I went Full Michael Jackson here.  

17 minutes ago, sbos_wx said:

This will sound ridiculously unscientific but I usually use BOS because it's so damn accurate to my temperature 

So that was BOS temps you referenced? I’m just trying to find a discrepancy between BOS and your location to explain the snow difference. They only briefly cooled to 34° so if you were able to maintain 33° for a bit it would have made a big difference.