Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
November discussion

weathafella

31 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

I think you both are too far west to really get the good pressure rises that are going to assist in pushing gusts to 60 mph. 

50-55 will rip stuff down with so many leaves left though. I work in the valley and trees are loaded. 75% in some cases. I think folks will be surprised if they’re thinking no big deal and no tree issues. Ryan mentioning damaging winds to 55. So it’s not far fetched 

57 minutes ago, Sugarloaf1989 said:

95% of the foliage here in Enfield is at or past peak and 60% bare. Tomorrow's wind will not be a big deal. Gusts into the low 40's aren't going to be catastrophic. I suspect the higher spots have even less foliage.

Depends on the area.  Some parts of the valley have more leaves left than others like in downtown HFD down to Rocky Hill area but yeah the leaves are coming down quickly now.  I'd go with low 40's for gusts here, enough to cause some minor damage and scattered power outages but nothing widespread.  Perhaps Kevin can hit 46-48 and post the obligatory pic of a tree down and road closure in Tolland on some hilly winding road with very few houses and claim that all hell is breaking loose.  

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, CTValleySnowMan said:

Depends on the area.  Some parts of the valley have more leaves left than others like in downtown HFD down to Rocky Hill area but yeah the leaves are coming down quickly now.  I'd go with low 40's for gusts here, enough to cause some minor damage and scattered power outages but nothing widespread.  Perhaps Kevin can hit 46-48 and post the obligatory pic of a tree down and road closure in Tolland on some hilly winding road with very few houses and claim that all hell is breaking loose.  

I think that the 1-2" of rain and wind overnight will pull down a lot more foliage.

2 hours ago, WinterWolf said:

No doubt...and I believe it sunk in like 500 ft. of water..amazing considering it sunk in a lake!!!  A lake that’s the size of a small ocean..but still.

I think I was about 8 yrs old when the Gordon Lightfoot tribute song hit the airwaves and I was obsessed over it for a while because I remember seeing it on the news the year before. 

"The wind in the wires made a tattle-tale sound
When the wave broke over the railing
And every man knew, as the captain did too
'Twas the witch of November come stealin' "

7 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

I think I was about 8 yrs old when the Gordon Lightfoot tribute song hit the airwaves and I was obsessed over it for a while because I remember seeing it on the news the year before. 

"The wind in the wires made a tattle-tale sound
When the wave broke over the railing
And every man knew, as the captain did too
'Twas the witch of November come stealin' "

Ya good song...we’re probably the same age.