Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Coldtober model and pattern disco

Damage In Tolland

9 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

I warned everyone it would be , too - 

Yeah you actually nailed the lower level aspect of this synoptic setup. I wasn't paying very close attention but I saw a lot of talk of 70s and 80s with high dews but it appears we are only going to get one day of that all week....today (assuming we can break out effectively). 

We do get another shot at this next week though. 

3 minutes ago, LurkerBoy said:

Hey Tip,

As a n00b, when would these intuitions of yours start showing up on models? 

It did show up in the models off and on.  

Spanning last week, many runs were indicating high pressure draped from SE Canada ...east thru the lower Maritimes - that never ends well for warm weather enthusiasts... That's one - but I feel the warm panache of redder colored heights was distracting people from those off-on model appeals. 

Two, it's been verifying for the past month where we end up with days like yesterday because that tendency to verify N/NE flows of near saturated air in the lower levels... I've been writing about it for awhile, how the westerlies across southern Canada have become more gradient oriented, and that means more wind mechanics (btw)... which parlays favorably to more confluence and high pressures..   

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Yeah you actually nailed the lower level aspect of this synoptic setup. I wasn't paying very close attention but I saw a lot of talk of 70s and 80s with high dews but it appears we are only going to get one day of that all week....today (assuming we can break out effectively). 

We do get another shot at this next week though. 

right and/but as I was just saying to "lurkerboy" - which is kind of a creepy alias by the way :) - I'm also allowing for the other shoe to fall on that 'warm up' also.  but blah blah...we get it. 

If it gets to 84 ... it gets to 84... I'm not saying it won't and to be fair, this time the signal is there that despite climate and persistence ... it's trying to fend off those low level undercuts.

1 minute ago, Typhoon Tip said:

right and/but as I was just saying to "lurkerboy" - which is kind of creepy alias by the way :) - I'm also allowing for the other shoe to fall on that 'warm up' also.  but blah blah...we get it -

The euro has been keeping that sfc boundary closer to us compared to that crazy warm run it had a couple days ago.

2 minutes ago, dendrite said:

The euro has been keeping that sfc boundary closer to us compared to that crazy warm run it had a couple days ago.

yeah ..I don't know.  

My experience in the last 30 years of being Meteorologically sentient and cognizant is that IF there is our geography and the phrase "sfc boundary" anywhere within a light-year of daily lexicon... said sfc boundary WILL be about 1,000 miles S of where-ever said lexicon assumes it will be.  

You wanna look you're gifted with this schit?  ...don't forget that, period. 

Hyperbole of course but it's a frustration that's too annoying to forget.  We'll see -

5 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

yeah ..I don't know.  

My experience in the last 30 years of being Meteorologically sentient and cognizant is that IF there is our geography and the phrase "sfc boundary" anywhere within a light-year of daily lexicon... said sfc boundary WILL be about 1,000 miles S of where-ever said lexicon assumes it will be.

yup...I'm probably leaning 1-2 warm sector days in there, but some measly fart of a s/w will be just enough to push a weak sfc cold front through here. Then we'll "try" to warm sector again just to get more raw, overrunning fecal mank. I kinda wish we could get a series of bonafide cP airmasses in here from the W/NW instead of these backdoor sfc highs wedging in.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, dendrite said:

yup...I'm probably leaning 1-2 warm sector days in there, but some measly fart of a s/w will be just enough to push a weak sfc cold front through here. Then we'll "try" to warm sector again just to get more raw, overrunning fecal mank. I kinda wish we could get a series of bonafide cP airmasses in here from the W/NW instead of these backdoor sfc highs wedging in.

That's precisely what my other circle of Met buddies have been texting ...  We're done man - lets blast this schit out once and for all with a good old fashioned autumn 45 mph overly-warned, high wind warning house cleaner pattern change.  

oy -

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Typhoon Tip said:

I warned everyone it would be , too - 

It's also why I'm not completely sold on the 'extremeness' of the warm up for next week - warm up?  mmm, okay. 

The difference here is that there ridge is more coherent in the runs.  Agreed.   Also, there are cycles of model runs, ...sort of like last night's 00z, that show a bit more N placement of the front and less lower level invasion of high pressure undercutting said ridge.   Other cycles have shown more of that undercut.  ..back and forth.  But, back and forth is more of a warm signal than that which led this week, which showed warm heights, but the actual surface pressure pattern was clearly draping early season polar highs immediately adjacent our latitudes to the N. It wasn't being considered enough by anyone.

So, there's some plausibility there for next week's warm up that cannot be denied.  However, I wouldn't be surprised either if there are N and/or BD type fronts persecuting SNE with cold seclusion while the 'pattern' around is way above normal looking.  

I do recall the posts that you made. As things stand right now it looks like a front may waver back and forth during next week. 

58 minutes ago, Sugarloaf1989 said:

72.9F here, where are the 80's?

Mm, I understand the sentiment and [probably] who it is targeted ... however, to be fair, it's 73 to 75 with a fair amount of sun and above normal?  

I'd say making a call 7 days ahead for a warm afternoon deserves some credit - just not the full boat.   

Granted, ...the other days this week seem to have busted pretty atrociously.. .but just for today it gets a pass. 

8 hours ago, LurkerBoy said:

I will do everything I can to lose my weenie tag and eventually add something to the forum. Sorry for being emotional. I love weather, and I love fall and winter, and when something you love doesn't seem like it's coming, it affects you. Sorry again. 

Looks like by the end of next week, we go into a more Autumn-like pattern. The torchiness modeled for Sunday-Wed looks pretty consistent...probably mid-upper 70s for 4 or 5 days. 

Tooooorrrch

6 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Is this really what has come out of all that inferno talk last week?  

Seems to be a pretty good fail for those thinking A/C would be needed in NNE, being as objective as possible it just hasn't been anything like was proposed by some leading into this week.

That was for next week mainly . We’ll see how it plays out.