• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Summer Banter, Observation and General Discussion 2018

CapturedNature

I've been playing around with a Sensirion SHT75 sensor in my Davis VP2. If you wire it correctly, it's plug and play with the VP2 temp/hum sensor (Davis uses Sensirion too). The difference is, the SHT75 comes with pins on a tiny PCB with the 10K pull up resistor already attached. I found an appropriate connector and can now just swap out the sensors if one fails. They're being discontinued, but I gobbled a few up for when they fail. They're only ~$30 each...so cheaper than the Davis temp/hum.

I get insane response with this combined with my 40 CFM FARS fan. I almost need 5 minute running averages like ASOS. There's way less thermal mass compared to the Davis sensor. When the temp budges, you instantly see it on the console. This thing actually hits 100% RH too whereas my Davis one was getting stuck in the mid 90s. I think it does a better job on the lower side with daytime RH too. I really need some windy days to tell for sure though. These 5-10mph days with swampy ground let the moisture pool up near the surface.

Here's the SHT75 next to a Davis temp/hum sensor.

sht75.jpg

2 hours ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

Looks above average here.  Shooting for 90F today and the next 2 days.  Already 2 of the 4 days this month have hit 90F.  No mas!  I want the low to mid 80s back.

Slightly above temp wise is typical. Nothing anomolous or the crap 84/75 swamp rains we’ve been dealing with out here. 

2 hours ago, dendrite said:

No way. He barely did 90F when BDL was hitting 103F in 2011. lol

He is in an anomalous spot.  I have friends in that area at higher elevation who get warmer than MPM.  Something about the topography in his neighborhood keeps it cooler but driving around up there I haven't figured out quite what it could be.  Maybe the way prevailing winds move throug that particular area of Shelburne?  There are no nearby rivers to speak of and he is not really in a cold glen or hollow. 

This forum is stocked with craft beer lovers; as most know the Main St area of Webster was hit hard by the tornado and it affected many businesses beyond the 3 buildings the news has shown. One of those  businesses affected was Kretschmann Brewery. The brewery had their outside tented area destroyed by the tornado; but the inside portion is ok. Maybe the craft beer afisciando's here could have an impromptu GTG here to help support a local business. While it's not the biggest of places their beers are pretty good. 

14 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

clouds delaying the launch but still sitting at 72F already.

1 minute ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

When OXC running 74/70 at 8am, even with slight nw winds...that’s good heat signal. I’ll take the over on local forecasted highs.

It's 82F already at TAN.