• Welcome to American Weather

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

George BM

May Discobs Thread

Love those dry dewpoints, but there's a tsunami of low 70s dews approaching. Its got my name on it unfortunately, and its going to hit like a trillion metric tons of bricks.

54 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

You do heat and snow really well. I’ve always been impressed.

:wub: 

This area sometimes scores big a day ahead of the metro areas to the east when a hot air mass moves in from the west/ southwest.

1 hour ago, WVclimo said:

:wub: 

This area sometimes scores big a day ahead of the metro areas to the east when a hot air mass moves in from the west/ southwest.

Sold! 

I need to buy a house out there someday :P 

Jesus did the heat hit hard today. Only got into the 80's with low depoints but already feel sluggish as hell. Amazing that summer here is associated with being active when it's clearly a time of inefficient body heat removal and therefore the worst season for any activity at all. 

1 hour ago, Eskimo Joe said:

Heck of a temperature inversion today, I-95 showing up on the LWX radar 0.5 degree reflectivity scan.

Yeah, my low was only 61 this morning, compared to 56 at DCA and 46(!) at IAD.  Inversion city.

One of the middle schools about a mile or two from where I work says the current temperature is 91 degrees lol

My phone says 88

3 minutes ago, Subtropics said:

This feels AMAZING. I need this in my life the majority of the year.

To be honest, except for the February torch, you deserve this weather. Enjoy it :)

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Cobalt said:

To be honest, except for the February torch, you deserve this weather. Enjoy it :)

+1 for transparency. You have become a solid poster in my book.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, GramaxRefugee said:

Actual temp ... 86

and so it goes. All fun; all good.

I am just a lil surprised we are making a good run to 90 degrees today.  I was expecting 90 tomorrow and Friday... just not today

Yes...Just got out for a spell, and it is quite pleasant.  I'll take 90 like that.

(Didn't check the DP when I grabbed that 86 but it must be OK)

ETA: Ok it was 47 .  (Dang, you people are turning me into such a weather nerd.) :)