Newest Member
    joxey
Confidence increases for coastal storm threat along Eastern Seaboard

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, The 4 Seasons said:

This is now the 4th Winter Storm Warning in March for Litchfield County.

The 3rd Winter Storm Warning in March for S CT in OKX area, and BOX as well.

That's impressive.

But only one has really materialized so far for some(the 2nd storm was a good one with 13” here), last eeek was s joke here and we didn’t reach WSW Criteria.

Lets see if this one verifies? 

8 minutes ago, codfishsnowman said:

box better deliver on that snow forecast, i have extended them mega benefit of the doubt over and over again and i am about done

they get paid to make forecasts, figure it out and get it right or don't be so bold

over the past 2 winters BOX has busted high on their W MA forecasts about 75% of the time.  It's a little odd actually.

well the sharp gradient is everywhere on guidance so its just a matter of the forecasters figuring out the +/- 100 miles where it sets up

also as dashing as that map is for ct, there is a similarity to show the snowfall distribution in that kind of stripe so that is prob real too

million dollar question is does it set up 50-75 miles farther south? i think farther north is safely out of the question

For the EURO followers, this model always seems to a. Be too far SE with precip and b. Dry. 

Last storm EURO had me at 4 inches and I received 9.5

Jan 5th was barely supposed to reach me and received 10.5

I have heard it has a se bias too. 

So NW CT, Hartford etc. I would not put too much weight into the EURO solution, or just bump the precip NW by a few miles.

NWS and TWC have to be doing this given their forecast.

29 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Should be a great airmass for you guys down south for this storm... fourth day below zero up here and averaging -25 departures for 3 days now, a 4th coming today.

if you want a coastal snowstorm this time of year, get NNE below zero and you're good to go.

Interesting what 200 miles to the northwest is seeing...I was about to make a comment on this but to the opposite opinion. I think I easily hit 40 today, and today is the first day out of the last three where it feels like there's no confluence overhead...Already rising into the mid 20's...

I guess this goes to show us where UL heights will be rising going forward...

NWS Boston site, in their snow products, has a 6-hour snowfall forecast for the storm tomorrow.  It's odd.  If you toggle through, it would lead you to believe that Boston will get 23" of snow.  

1.0" from 5am -11am Wed
4.4" from 11am - 5pm Wed
9.3" from 5pm - 11pm Wed
7.0" from 11pm to 5am Thursday
1.4" from 5am - 11am Thursday

This matches with no current forecast.

Archived