Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 20-21 Potential - STORM MODE THREAD

stormtracker

6 minutes ago, snowmagnet said:

I'm not sure he is excited... his first guess is very different than what the new models are showing.  His first guess map was based on southern VA getting hit hard again with the second wave and Northern VA and MD with the first.  

Yeah he just put on FB that big changes coming with his first call map tonight.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, wasnow215 said:

Yeah he just put on FB that big changes coming with his first call map tonight.

I thought his first guess map was way off from what I've seen in here.

1 minute ago, nj2va said:

6” now crosses through DC.  Mean QPF is 1” Baltimore/south with 1.2” Stafford/south and eastern areas near the bay.  

Is this for the entire event through Wednesday?

1 minute ago, nj2va said:

6” now crosses through DC.  Mean QPF is 1” Baltimore/south with 1.2” Stafford/south and eastern areas near the bay.  

Yeah, nice looking mean for just about everyone. We are moving in the right direction for a change!  I am just expecting the rug to be pulled but we are getting close...

Looking through the eps solutions, there's a number that hit hard between 18z tues and 0z wed with temps crashing. Not optimal timing to say the least but plenty of heavy rate/cold temp members in there. Wave 2 looks mostly like the op with most members but some notable ones with a mini-CCB through the region with impressive totals overnight into wed. Some stripe our region with .75 during that period. My money isn't on that solution because it's probably best to stick with the op but there is a window of upside to watch for. 

To borrow Jeb's phrase, 18Z 12k NAM shellacks my yard and westward into the higher elevations of the panhandles.  Heavy front-end thump, then gets mixy for most of Tuesday afternoon with surface temps below freezing, then flips back to heavy snow again overnight into Wednesday a.m.

• WxUSAF locked and unpinned this topic

Archived