Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 20th-22nd Suppressed, Fish, Not Coming Threat

Rjay

Just now, SnowGoose69 said:

The Meadowbrook parkway was closed early in the evening on 1/27/04 because that storm started as sleet and there were tons of accidents  

I live in Stuy Town and that storm forgetting which one with a ton of sleet took down a number of trees. 

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, SnowGoose69 said:

A big reason the NAM might have that warm layer late in round 1 and for early round 2 is because it’s so far north and aggressive with wave 1.  I’m not sure I buy that idea or not.  If it’s correct there are going to be plenty of shocked people tomorrow in the area 

Ehh I don't know about that. Just seems as though the Nam is more aggressive with warm mid levels in general. Yesterdays 18Z Nam did not have wave 1 impacting us and still had a brief period of mix for wave 2

3 minutes ago, Ace said:

Ehh I don't know about that. Just seems as though the Nam is more aggressive with warm mid levels in general. Yesterdays 18Z Nam did not have wave 1 impacting us and still had a brief period of mix for wave 2

Is wave 2 too weak overall to allow for the midlevels to cool. I would think with that track the most places would turn to heavy snow after a period of sleet

2 minutes ago, Ace said:

This is the frame which captures the most northern extent of wave 1 of the 18Z rgem. Not too far away from the NAM and a slight northern adjustment vs 12Z

I_nw_EST_2018031918_027.png

Yeah that won’t take a huge error to be more north and typically this sort of setup verifies north of expected 

9 minutes ago, Stormlover74 said:

Is wave 2 too weak overall to allow for the midlevels to cool. I would think with that track the most places would turn to heavy snow after a period of sleet

Yeah I would agree with you. Wave 2 should be strong enough to change most areas to snow quickly as it gets going. Warm layer is shallow, but it definitely should be considered and monitored

Just now, EastonSN+ said:

3k NAM was also south. I hope this is not a late south correction.

The 3Km NAM has been awful this winter.  I would be more concerned at this point this comes north/west than flatter.  I guess I maybe shouldn’t have ever bailed on my feelings the first wave was going to come way north either the way it’s looking now 

3 minutes ago, NewYorkweatherfan said:

How’s this thing trending southbecause icon the worst model of all time went south. Come on man this should be deleted immediately!

Agree. As I mentioned earlier, I think having 2 sizeable waves within a day of each other is likely going to cause lots of model mayhem.

• BxEngine locked this topic
  • Rjay unlocked this topic
  • Rjay unpinned this topic

Archived