Newest Member
    joxey
March 20th-22nd Suppressed, Fish, Not Coming Threat

Rjay

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Snow88 said:

There's a thing called banding which will happen later . We don't know where yet.

So, us LI folk will get at least at least a  few inches more?

Will it be snowing until Midnight ?

1 minute ago, Ericjcrash said:

You'll be lucky to see 6". Most guidance has .6" QPF remaining a bit more for Suffolk

Where is the center of the low now, how quickly is it moving?

6 minutes ago, Enigma said:

Have any of you been out and about today? It's a non-event. Mount Holly was calling for 16 in. in New Brunswick just 6 hours ago. They will barely get 6 in. when all is said and done.

Anytime anyone gets 6"+ after March 20 is not an non-event. Under performer yes but you're going too far.

But it just goes to show why heavy snows this late in the season don't happen often. If this was mid Jan or Feb this easily would've been a 12"+ storm for everyone.

10 minutes ago, Ericjcrash said:

That's embarrassing.  Not bashing at all but why on earth wouldn't they lower totals? Updated 31 min ago... Does any met on here believe New Brunswick will be anywhere close to 18?

Where do you see 18? It says 9...I think that is a stretch though...

I think these models have actually gotten worse in the last couple years. How can they all be this wrong 12-24 hours out. I'd almost rather not have any model predictions because they change so much. And Mt Holly only adjusting down at 2:30pm is a joke. Might have 3 inches here and the streets are bare. Should have had school everywhere and not take a day off spring break. 

The second s/w appears to be getting its act together in a hurry off the Delmarva. The issue, in my eyes, has been that this first s/w rather sheered out while this second one is seemingly the one to focus on. This may have been what has been giving the models so many problems as well. Looking at observations, however, it appears that this storm is getting its act together in a hurry. In my forecasts to people, I have hung my hat on this second s/w throughout the past couple of days. I am tired of crow... lets see. 

The snow is finally starting to dust the road now, but a lot of this storm was lost to the March sun angle. This storm was a prime example of how you need heavy snowfall rates during the day to accumulate on pavement during March. We had a good moderate snow all day, but nothing on pavement. Just a few inches on colder surfaces. The last storm accumulated great on the roads all day because the snow was so heavy. This storm was overhyped, but it's still a nice event. And now that the sun angle is improving here late in the day roads will become covered. We'll probably end up with around 7 or 8 inches, but only a few inches on roads.  A far cry from the huge 12 to 18 inch storm that NWS forecasted.

3 minutes ago, winterwx21 said:

The snow is finally starting to dust the road now, but a lot of this storm was lost to the March sun angle. This storm was a prime example of how you need heavy snowfall rates during the day to accumulate on pavement during March. We had a good moderate snow all day, but nothing on pavement.

Had moderate (not heavy) snow all day here. Snow had to be plowed off the road.

• BxEngine locked this topic
  • Rjay unlocked this topic
  • Rjay unpinned this topic

Archived