• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
I dont care anymore....I am starting a storm thread for March 20-21. Got nothing to lose.

Ji

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Chris78 said:

A lot of eps members had the look. 12k NAM was close and  the 3 k was heading there. But yea I would feel A lot better if the gfs was showing it.

Frustrating 

3 minutes ago, Ji said:

Ggem looking good for wave 2

1 minute ago, Bob Chill said:

Yea, that and some ens support has my interest for sure. 

I think the gfs is too weak and quick with wave 1. Not wish casting. There compelling evidence through all guidance that the gfs is going to be wrong. I'm worried about temps on wave 1 in my hood. Conflicting signals adding up 

We're all thinking the same things here probably. The gfs is a mess. It's running the frontrunner out ahead of even it's dampening upper support. Then races the wave way off messing up everything behind it. And yes that's a thing it does erroneously sometimes. If the majority of guidance comes in looking different in that regard I think tossing the gfs is the way to go. I'd still feel better if the gfs was on our side too and deep down you all do too. We want all the guidance to show a flush hit. We all know there is always that chance the one bad model is right and we get screwed. But if the gfs is the odd man out given trends the other way today I would feel rather confident disregarding it. We will see with the gefs geps U.K. and euro packages yet to go. 

4 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

It was bad in that based on the gefs we kind of tossed the 18z op as a bad run. But this looks just like it so now it's harder to do that. And it wasn't much better yet we are another run closer. We expected/hoped for bigger improvement. This was marginally better. Yes the coastal did tuck in a bit more. It was a baby step. But not much of one. 

It was a step, man...and wave 2 is still there, and starting to trend better on other guidance...Now if the Euro also comes in with more wave 2 support...then we'll know the GFS may be off, lol

On 3/12/2018 at 1:11 PM, Ji said:

This will work out  because its actually going to be on the last day of winter or early spring. GGEM

gem_mslp_pcpn_frzn_us_35.png

GFS

gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_us_34.png

Euro

image.png.653528a9cba1f113c4052880c32fd37f.png

For posterity. Yea, it's morphed since your first post but the end result is becoming similar again. If it breaks right then the ops picked up potential way out in time with this one. Blocking certainly plays a major role with that 

1 minute ago, WeatherShak said:

Serious question.  When is the last time the CMC verified for a legit storm for us?  Thank you.  

When it's alone in the short or med range, rarely if ever. The cmc isn't really alone right now. There compelling evidence starting to build that a version of wave 2 producing is back on the table. 

CMC somehow merges streams a lot more than the GFS over the MS Valley at 72hrs.  Then closes off H5 over the apps and pivots everything up the cost. 

Will wait for the UKMET and EURO before I call the GFS suspect.  This does look a bit like it's DEC 2009 solution, where it didn't merge the streams and let everything escape.

2 minutes ago, Amped said:

CMC somehow merges streams a lot more than the GFS over the MS Valley at 72hrs.  Then closes off H5 over the apps and pivots everything up the cost. 

Will wait for the UKMET and EURO before I call the GFS suspect.  This does look a bit like it's DEC 2009 solution, where it didn't merge the streams and let everything escape.

It's very close to the 3k nam at h5 at 60 hours. Actually the 3k is even more amplified and going neutral tilt ahead of the cmc. 3k might have been a nuke had it gone out far enough. Icon also is close. But yes I'd like to get some love from the European contingent shortly. 

Archived