• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
I dont care anymore....I am starting a storm thread for March 20-21. Got nothing to lose.

Ji

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Ji said:
6 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:
Gfs is heading towards another disaster run. It's racing the lead wave off too fast. I don't like where it's going, not leaving enough behind for wave 2. Hope I'm wrong. 

Isn't that a jb/gfs thing?

Yes gfs sometimes has issues running lead waves off too much. But it's not a universal bias I've seen it right with that sometimes. Gfs has been struggling lately so maybe it's just off here. It's weaker with wave one then other guidance and it races it off leaving nothing to work with wave 2. Could be right could be wrong I'll wait for the rest of the 0z suite. Gefs won't make me feel better this time because last time the op and gefs disagreed the op won. Just worth noting that. 

1 minute ago, Amped said:

GFS overruled by ICON and CMC

Yea, that and some ens support has my interest for sure. 

I think the gfs is too weak and quick with wave 1. Not wish casting. There compelling evidence through all guidance that the gfs is going to be wrong. I'm worried about temps on wave 1 in my hood. Conflicting signals adding up 

1 minute ago, 87storms said:

i don't think was a bad run.  it doesn't look worse to me.

It was bad in that based on the gefs we kind of tossed the 18z op as a bad run. But this looks just like it so now it's harder to do that. And it wasn't much better yet we are another run closer. We expected/hoped for bigger improvement. This was marginally better. Yes the coastal did tuck in a bit more. It was a baby step. But not much of one. 

2 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

It was bad in that based on the gefs we kind of tossed the 18z op as a bad run. But this looks just like it so now it's harder to do that. And it wasn't much better yet we are another run closer. We expected/hoped for bigger improvement. This was marginally better. Yes the coastal did tuck in a bit more. It was a baby step. But not much of one. 

yea, i think you're area is still in the game though.  if i was albany i probably wouldn't be tracking this.

Archived