• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
I dont care anymore....I am starting a storm thread for March 20-21. Got nothing to lose.

Ji

Agreed guys, atmospheric physics, advanced calculus and gas laws will definitely change if it sees storm mode activated.   God knows if the trof was going to sharpen and then saw a pinned thread on a weather forum 5000 feet below it, it would flatten out immediately.  
Why do you guys spell it trof instead of trough

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, losetoa6 said:

The March 1958 blizzard  was just Incredible . I just might sell my prized Buick GN to experience 4.00 inches of QPF in the form of snow ( 2 days of  parachutes falling :lmao:)

From Maryland Winters Site: 

March 19-21, 1958: A slow moving nor'easter struck rather late in the season in 1958 causing huge amounts of property damage. Over a foot of heavy wet snow took a heavy toll on trees, shrubs, television antennas, power and communication lines. Carroll, Baltimore and Harford Counties was hardest hit. In Baltimore City, the storm began as rain during the day of the 19th but changed to heavy wet snow for the slushy commute home. It also changed to snow quickly to the northwest as the ground gained in elevation and the temperature fall. The Mount Washington section of Baltimore received 24 to 30 inches of snow. This section is just a 100 feet higher than the rest of the city. On Parr Ridge in Mount Airy, Carroll County, a weather reporter measued 33 inches of snow from the storm (4.03 inches liquid equivalent). Other reports included 29 inches at Parkton, 24.5 inches at Bentley Springs, 23 inches at Conowingo Dam and in Delaware, 27 inches at Middletown. For Westminister, 30 inches from this storm combined with two snows earlier in the month for a March snow total of 42 inches! Hagerstown saw 16 inches with areas to the west receiving considerably less. The Lower Eastern Shore saw 3 inches with areas to the north like Denton receiveing 13 inches. 

image.png

My area probably got around 20-22" from that. I'm not getting my hopes too high but I've been waiting for a storm like that for years. Wouldn't it be something to get anything even half as good exactly 60 years later?

21 minutes ago, poolz1 said:

Nice...I'm slowly nudging the wife for a place out that way.  Wont be for several years...but, I will certainly do my research on location.  Went to school at WVU and know that the upslope can be awesome out there....sunny in Morgantown and sunny in Frederick but the drive home was a white knuckler!

Fellow Mountaineer!? How did I not know this?  And yes. That drive home had some nerve wracking moments indeed. White knuckling in the middle of whiteout squalls. Fun and nightmarish. Lol. 

47 minutes ago, Chris78 said:

Hasn't that already happened 4 or 5 times this year??  

Lol

Yes, the atmosphere called me the other day and of course it droned on and on about how I don't call as much anymore, am I still in love with it, blah blah blah.  But anyway, it told me, in NO uncertain terms, that a pinned thread puts it on full tilt and warned me that I might want to think about not doing that in the future.  I'm brushed it off of course.  Now it's whining about going out for Thai food next week.  Whatever.

2 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

Considering several million metric tons of cabbage was consumed today...I'd say every gas law in the planet is being broken. Felonies in some cases 

I keep seeing blue light flashes in the sky off in the distance.  At first I thought it were transformers blowing up due to storm mode threats. 

Your post made made me realize it’s just kids lighting farts

Archived