• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
I dont care anymore....I am starting a storm thread for March 20-21. Got nothing to lose.

Ji

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Tenman Johnson said:

We have been chasing 5-10 days away for 6 weeks. Probably the worst model season in 5-7 years. How many other "sciences" evolve backward ?

come on...models have gotten better which is why we track these beyond 3-5 days now.  i don't think we really did as much 10+ years ago.  in that range you gotta just look at the overall pattern potential for a storm, not all those specifics.  you also said the last storm wouldn't be suppressed, but that's how it ended up before turning north too far ots.  you've got a knack for nowcasting and obs/reporting, but try forecasting the weather with computer models even past a day.

37 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

@dtk

do you know why they haven't come up with a fix for the sref?  The idea is good but there are so many over amped members it's skews the results and makes them awful. Was it just a failed experiment or are they trying to come up with something better?

Sref as we know it is in the process of being phased out with something radically different.  It's going to take a couple of years, but folks are working in the direction of a convection allowing ensemble (think hrrr, nam3k, ncar ensemble).  

2 hours ago, WeathermanB said:

lol, since they were getting a lot of snow i decided to get a little sorry and troll them because they have more snow than me. I know i shouldn't post in the New England thread because it's not my area but today i slipped up.

posting like you did suggesting the maps were bad....even though they likely verified in many places was just poor form, especially when they've not gotten what they normally do.

I guess you'd prefer a "professional" looking map showing your sloppy 1" right?  I'd take a map showing me 12" of snow on used toilet paper if it verified right now.

not what you said, but how you said it...and furthermore, they piss in our cheerios comparatively speaking with snow totals

1 hour ago, ATreglown said:

I live in Prince George, VA.... 25 miles SE of Richmond. Mine bloomed the end of the 2nd week of February. My Hosta plants are already breaking through the ground, rose bushes fully leafed, and the Daffodills are in bloom. This area is screwed for a pretty spring. 

wow...had no idea you guys were that far along.  Good luck in the next couple weeks...:(

40 minutes ago, yoda said:

I don't think our vort even comes on shore until like 96 hours?  Or is it really at hour 84? Lol

Our system comes in two pieces. One piece of energy comes onshore late Friday/early Saturday. The second piece of energy comes onshore Sunday quickly shooting eastward rotating around the first vort and into the Plains by Monday.

5 minutes ago, stormtracker said:

lol.  See you in 6 hours and then talk to me

I get your frustration. I am in a snow hole in my area this winter, but at least I have gotten a few inches with multiple storms. Why can't a storm be a Miller A that hits the Middle Atlantic on north hard? But I would feel good for you even if this trends to be a MA storm. You are so overdue to cash in.

Archived