Newest Member
    joxey
March 11-12 Storm - Model Discussion STORM MODE

stormtracker

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, stormtracker said:

What do we do now?  Euro improves.  GFS falls back.  Neither are hits for us.  

This is far from a done deal so we keep tracking. Am of the opinion that the GFS was probably just an off run. It happens. Euro continues to improve. Not a big fan of the NAM's at this range but the 3K looked very promising extrapolated and the 12K had a disconnect from 500's to the surface where the 500's looked promising. CMC has promise. Honestly I don't think we are sitting too bad at this point. Let's just try to keep our emotions in check because I think we are in for a roller coaster ride the next couple of days as small changes can make a world of difference

1 minute ago, showmethesnow said:

This is far from a done deal so we keep tracking. Am of the opinion that the GFS was probably just an off run. It happens. Euro continues to improve. Not a big fan of the NAM's at this range but the 3K looked very promising extrapolated and the 12K had a disconnect from 500's to the surface where the 500's looked promising. CMC has promise. Honestly I don't think we are sitting too bad at this point. Let's just try to keep our emotions in check because I think we are in for a roller coaster ride the next couple of days as small changes can make a world of difference

UKIE looks good to. 

3 minutes ago, showmethesnow said:

WPC isn't paying attention to 12z GFS

http://www.wpc.ncep.noaa.gov/discussions/hpcdiscussions.php?disc=pmdhmd

..Shortwave(s) dropping southward through the interior Northwest U.S., with the southern portion reaching the Plains Saturday... ...Surface low developing over the southern Plains late Saturday and moving toward the Southeast on Sunday... ...Coastal low development/strengthening on Monday... ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Preference: 06Z GFS/00Z CMC blend Confidence: Below average

11 minutes ago, mappy said:

Irregardless of what the models are showing at any given time I am of the opinion that worst case this gets far enough north to impact at least DC with couple/several inches of snow. The general overall look argues for it in my opinion. The question in my mind is if we can get this to hit on most if not all cylinders to bring this baby farther north with far more substantial snows and as to that I have no clue.

Irregardless of what the models are showing at any given time I am of the opinion that worst case this gets far enough north to impact at least DC with couple/several inches of snow. The general overall look argues for it in my opinion. The question in my mind is if we can get this to hit on most if not all cylinders to bring this baby farther north with far more substantial snows and as to that I have no clue.
Posted in my home forum, but this looks more of a "when does ULL influence happen and when does it turn the corner" look rather than a clean miss to yours or my South attm.

Is it fair to say that...in this 12z suite as a whole, several models that have been south made north trends? If there be any similarities we can finally draw between the models...it's that. So we have that...for all we know this could either be a brick wall or the beginning of a trend. I'd much rather see this kind of convergence toward a north trend than the outright north/south chaos we've been having the last several days. Again, stay the course, folks....and buckle up, lol

Could be selective memory or possibly paranoia, but when I start to see models showing an initial suppressed look followed by a later hook back, I get a sick feeling.  Those scenarios have a way of screwing our area.  Hopefully, the initial slug of moisture makes it far enough north before shunting off to the east.

MDstorm

1 minute ago, MDstorm said:

Could be selective memory or possibly paranoia, but when I start to see models showing an initial suppressed look followed by a later hook back, I get a sick feeling.  Those scenarios have a way of screwing our area.  Hopefully, the initial slug of moisture makes it far enough north before shunting off to the east.

MDstorm

Yes, but the timing of the shunt might be just what we need. T-minus ~60 hrs.

3 minutes ago, T. August said:

Do you think it’s safe to say to toss the lows over Bermuda? That would help our mean for sure.

Not sure anything is safe to say with this system. 

1 minute ago, cae said:

I think that's the extended RGEM.  High-res is HRDPS.

Oh. Thanks friend! 

I think the biggest takeaway from the EPS is that it suggests a later start. Snow mean takes longer to increase, and longer to decrease (I mean the 24 hour snow increase mean on the EPS). I can post a picture in a bit, but I'm assuming a later start is a good thing, right?

Archived