SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
March 11-12 Storm - Model Discussion STORM MODE

stormtracker

23 minutes ago, mappy said:

whats your elevation again? 

Slightly over 600 ft. 

It's funny because back in the day, I wouldn't shut up about my elevation and it became a meme for a while. Of course I was an immature teenager so I didn't really know any better.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Fozz said:

Slightly over 600 ft. 

It's funny because back in the day, I wouldn't shut up about my elevation and it became a meme for a while. Of course I was an immature teenager so I didn't really know any better.

fair enough. we will see how things look in the end, your numbers seem high. but i trust you are measuring correctly. 

9 hours ago, RDM said:

No offense - but why do you keep posting stuff for Boston?  Think perhaps you're in the wrong sub-forum.  Not sure how many times that ideal has been conveyed here.  We all know the NE gets a lot of snow and know where to go if we want to partake in their good fortune.  Really getting old seeing it rubbed in here.  Show some restraint if not compassion for those of us MA dwellers...

I live in Bethesda lol. Im not rubbing it in that that they’re getting a blizzard but its part of the storm and we were basically done here. Really didn’t think that posting a unique looking radar of how the storm was hooking back towards NE would bother you or anyone else. I wouldn’t have posted it if we were in the good stuff. It was just a couple of posts that I made about it out of the 50+ I spent tracking tv here.

5 minutes ago, mappy said:

fair enough. we will see how things look in the end, your numbers seem high. but i trust you are measuring correctly. 

I checked the spotter map and it looks like there's a 1.7" report near Loch Raven reservoir, with around 500-600' elevation.

The past few events before this also had me with relatively good totals, but there were always a few others in the area that were a little higher.
https://www.weather.gov/lwx/pnsmap?type=snow

15 hours ago, Fozz said:

We’ve been through this before... I actually took a pic of my measurement last night with a little note that says Fozz and the date, because nobody else was reporting anywhere near an inch when my backyard had 0.9”, so I figured someone might be skeptical.

I then realized that I don’t feel comfortable having the highest total and I was glad that there were a few higher reports this morning.

You were under that moderate band for an hour or two when the snow first developed so your total makes sense. I was stuck in between bands for a long time and only got a heavy dusting of about .2"

Archived