Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 11-12 Potential Storm

stormtracker

3 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

I really like where you all stand right now... a little nervous up here.  I would like to see more "north misses" to balance out the south ones... way too many that nail DC but have a right northern gradient that hurts northern MD.  And it can happen...there have been southern sliders where northern VA and DC get a foot of snow and little or nothing falls up here.  

There I worried about getting "fringed" so this thread is officially christened.  

After today, we are going to have PTSD about being fringed forevermore.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I really like where you all stand right now... a little nervous up here.  I would like to see more "north misses" to balance out the south ones... way too many that nail DC but have a right northern gradient that hurts northern MD.  And it can happen...there have been southern sliders where northern VA and DC get a foot of snow and little or nothing falls up here.  
There I worried about getting "fringed" so this thread is officially christened.  
Yes but you get crushed with Miller b while i see sprinkles. No location is perfect in our area

2 minutes ago, Ji said:
9 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

Yes but you get crushed with Miller b while i see sprinkles. No location is perfect in our area

Yea I got crushed with a whole inch from this miller b lol

My comment was specific to THIS storm not winter as a whole lol

45 minutes ago, frd said:

May you guide us to the promise land :-)    

@stormtrackeris my Moses. Now make it snow for 40 days and 40 nights in this snow desert we live in. The Matzah is as dry as a Keebler Elf’s Townhouse cracker. We need divine intervention...and you’re just the man for the job. Get help from the big guy. It’s fine.  Bring the QPF and let’s make a loaf of WHITE bread! 

15 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

Now it's officially a Mid-Atlantic snowstorm. Superband guys are worried about getting nothing.

53 minutes ago, NovaTarHeel said:

A thread already???

Feels too soon

28 minutes ago, stormtracker said:

Lol, yes..a thread 4 days before potential is too soon.  :lol:   

Given the history of this board, this thread is LATE.  

Thought this was great timing. I could just feel Ji's itchy trigger finger ready to pull the trigger on starting this thread. What is he now, 3 for 3, 4 for 4 on starting threads that the storms went into the tank? Let's keep his bad mojo off of this storm. :D

eta: Sorry Ji, not picking on you but you have to admit you haven't had an exactly stellar record so far this year with starting threads. :)

6 minutes ago, showmethesnow said:

Thought this was great timing. I could just feel Ji's itchy trigger finger ready to pull the trigger on starting this thread. What is he now, 3 for 3, 4 for 4 on starting threads that the storms went into the tank? Let's keep his bad mojo off of this storm. :D

eta: Sorry Ji, not picking on you but you have to admit you haven't had an exactly stellar record so far this year with starting threads. :)

you need to tell me who has had success creating storm threads the past 2 years

20 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

Been worried up here as well for the last couple of days. Could see very well where north of Baltimore sits this one out. Today's runs helped ease that fear somewhat especially the Euro. Still not even close to a lock up here whatsoever but if I lived DC south and west I would be feeling very comfortable at this moment.

Just now, Ji said:

you need to tell me who has had success creating storm threads the past 2 years

I'm two for two. Started threads that were on storms that were all but dead that I still had faith in and they ended up being the biggest storms of the winter for sections of our region. So there. :P

7 minutes ago, EastCoast NPZ said:

Wow, 2" out here on the UKIE...and since that includes the 0 from today, that's a full 2".  That would be something if it verified.

We both know 0 chance Stephen's City records 2'' liquid in a tropical system let alone a winter storm. You live in a micro desert. 

Archived