Total Members
    Most Online
    CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
March 11-12 Potential Storm

stormtracker

Just now, SnowGolfBro said:

Time for a comeback. By happy hour tomorrow we will back to a crushjob. Models are just working out the kinks. Lots of moving parts

THAT'S the spirit! Tracker's right! We will fight for this! We shall WILL it in!

We will never ever give up!

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

boxing day blizzard

The global American and European weather models encountered exceptional difficulty in portraying the path of the storm. The main issue that the models were trying to resolve was whether or not the upper-level low pressure system from Central Canada was going to phase in time with the southern stream energy, thereby revealing if the resulting storm would come up the Eastern Seaboard or simply continue to move east out to sea in the Atlantic Ocean. The latter solution would have only caused the storm to affect the Mid-Atlantic states of Virginia and North Carolina with a modest winter storm instead of the entire Eastern coastline up to Atlantic Canada. As such, it was only 24 hours prior to the storm's arrival in the Northeastern states when all the European and American models were in agreement that the storm would turn up the entire coastline. The National Weather Service's Hydrometeorological Prediction Center and many other private forecasters were skeptical of the storm impacting the Northeastern states until about 24 hours of the storm's arrival as well; although, some models depicted the storm delivering a full-blown blizzard to the New York City metropolitan area as early as a week in advance. The Hydrometeorological Prediction Center even issued a statement on Christmas Eve, 48 hours prior to the storm, that they suspected the American models of having model initialization errors; thus, they believed these errors may have forced the storm to be erroneously modeled to come up the Northeastern coast.[27]

7 minutes ago, Amped said:

It appears the stratosphere and the -NAO did bring the eastcoast a KU event.   It was yesterday, hope yall enjoyed.

It was in the back of my mind as I was watching reports in NJ that this wasn't good...how many major amplifications are likely in a small period of time. We already missed two. 

7 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

It was in the back of my mind as I was watching reports in NJ that this wasn't good...how many major amplifications are likely in a small period of time. We already missed two. 

i was always thinking but never mentioned it...how rare would it be to have 3 noreasters between March 1 and March 10 smh...

There is nothing to suppress this

it may take its own self out to sea because if upper air patterns but not via suppression. Over a foot last night and 12 hours later almost zip, show all the solutions as usual.

in fact come crunch time I think temperatures will be more challenging and not a suppressive miss 

Archived