Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 1-2 wind event

Ji

1 minute ago, psuhoffman said:

It's south but also east. And the driving factor for us is the upper low not the surface. Everyone was looking at the surface and celebrating and showme was rightfully pointing out that's the h5 was going the wrong way and that's all that matters. 

WHAT?! How dare you tell me my 4" inches of digital snow is wrong. Hhmmmphfff. 

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, psuhoffman said:

It's south but also east. And the driving factor for us is the upper low not the surface. Everyone was looking at the surface and celebrating and showme was rightfully pointing out that's the h5 was going the wrong way and that's all that matters. 

this storm is BS....i know it was never our storm but how the heck is it South Jersey and and Atlantic Citys storm....2 of the least likely places to get snow from a warm noreaster. I know the answer...just pisses me off

6 minutes ago, mappy said:

WHAT?! How dare you tell me my 4" inches of digital snow is wrong. Hhmmmphfff. 

Even the 3k was a disappointment compared to 12z. I won't be one of those wet blankets that ruins others fun but another 1-2" event at this point...I'll pass. 12z idea of something more significant had my interest. But I'm not shocked it took it away.  The best case scenario outlier model rarely works out.  

Biggest takeaway for me is I get fringed. 

7 minutes ago, Ji said:

this storm is BS....i know it was never our storm but how the heck is it South Jersey and and Atlantic Citys storm....2 of the least likely places to get snow from a warm noreaster. I know the answer...just pisses me off

Yea and I'm sure places in NJ and NYC were screaming "how is this a southern storm?" In 1962 when central VA got 20-40". It depends where a storm like this cuts off. It cuts off too far northeast this time so places northeast of us get it. If it had cut off 200 miles southwest they would be unhappy. Just bad luck. That's all. In the grand scheme only a small area gets lucky and everyone else misses. Maybe we get lucky day 7 or 10 or 12. I see 3 more and better threads where the antecedent airmass won't be as hostile and we might not need so much to go perfect. 

2 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

Yea and I'm sure places in NJ and NYC were screaming "how is this a southern storm?" In 1962 when central VA got 20-40". It depends where a storm like this cuts off. It cuts off too far northeast this time so places northeast of us get it. If it had cut off 200 miles southwest they would be unhappy. Just bad luck. That's all. In the grand scheme only a small area gets lucky and everyone else misses. Maybe we get lucky day 7 or 10 or 12. I see 3 more and better threads where the antecedent airmass won't be as hostile and we might not need so much to go perfect. 

This is not over yet though.

In the future look at the h5. That's what matters. You don't get significant precip from a surface low once it's northeast of you. The upper low was the key. 12z it started to cut off near Garrett county. This run it didn't do that until east of the coast. That's why the precip trended east. Nothing to do with the surface low.  

In the future look at the h5. That's what matters. You don't get significant precip from a surface low once it's northeast of you. The upper low was the key. 12z it started to cut off near Garrett county. This run it didn't do that until east of the coast. That's why the precip trended east. Nothing to do with the surface low.  
Look at rgem closes off at 48. That should be a win

24 minutes ago, yoda said:

LWX on Twitter really hitting the wind threat hard for Friday

This is a very serious serious situation, because the storm will be very slow to move, and the soil is moist from recent rains, and many trees will fall, lots power lines damaged. Property damage too.

Archived