Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 2-4th ... first -NAO anchored storm perhaps in years

Typhoon Tip

15 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

I’m not sure.  Models have offered pretty much every possible solution, but seem to be getting a clue finally.

My coworkers are all expecting rain...I’m having trouble convincing them otherwise.

Same, If they don’t see the pretty snow map on the news, then it’s not going to happen. 

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, powderfreak said:

The Catskills are going to get destroyed.  Feet for those hill towns at 2,000ft there SW of ALB. 

They won't lose any to rain, IMO.  Should start as pretty much snow there in the high terrain of NY.

You got crucified for calling this an elevation event. Not sure why.

Just now, blizzard24 said:

upper low will be south of sne are  just south of long island area  . all of inland sne area will have snow . boston national weather service is slow and in for surprise if they dont put watches up  soon for inland sne area for winter storm .

And you aren't going to waiver with every model run. Amiright?

2 minutes ago, sbos_wx said:

You really don't get it, huh

No I don't

I must be bridge jumping

Explain it to everyone why surface temps should immediately crash even though 850s are marginal and the surface is torched.

Then, copy and paste it into an email and send it over the good folks at BOX.

4 minutes ago, wxsniss said:

Yeah 18z RGEM shows potential if the multiple low centers consolidate on the one closest to benchmark... prolonged and intense into eastern SNE

Those thermal profiles though, wth... I can picture us all glued to the windows Friday afternoon (hopefully earlier) watching for signs of mix...

I suspect you're going to see the thermal profile cool if we keep seeing mid-level temps below 0C with extreme precip...some models embrace the latent cooling a bit more in the lower levels and others don't seem to want to.

4 minutes ago, JC-CT said:

No I don't

I must be bridge jumping

Explain it to everyone why surface temps should immediately crash even though 850s are marginal and the surface is torched.

Then, copy and paste it into an email and send it over the good folks at BOX.

I'm on mobile and about to walk into work. I'm sure people here will explain. Although you post daily and it's been explained numerous times this week. 

There are a lot of trials and tribulations when it comes to storms, and this hobby. Learning opportunities. I can tell you first hand. 

9 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I swear. You don’t know where Tolland is. He even texted us hours ago it pained him to put Tolland it

Isn't Tolland where I-84 levels out there for a bit before it heads back NE? 

Not that it matters as Ryan is obviously highlighting the high terrain in NE CT (its clear what he's trying to show viewers), its just funny if you aren't really sure where your town is?

tolland.jpg

Archived