• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Sunday the 18th ... storm idea/early thoughts...

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 905
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Can we paste 8-10” at 31 interior?

Upper levels cold .. does that negate paste inland?

I think if we get heavy snowfall rates, it's mostly going to be upper 20s in the elevated interior. It's too cold just off the deck. But can't rule out the "fluffy wet snow" type either. Esp if the rates aren't quite there and it ends up more of a 3-5" type deal.

2 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

I think if we get heavy snowfall rates, it's mostly going to be upper 20s in the elevated interior. It's too cold just off the deck. But can't rule out the "fluffy wet snow" type either. Esp if the rates aren't quite there and it ends up more of a 3-5" type deal.

Probably our famous 28.2 snowfall temp 

3 hours ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Mmm... this one may not?  Buuut conceptually/synoptically, I'm not sure I agree with the absolute tenor of this bold statement :) 

We are just starting to sample this thing on the 12z initialization over western Canada and so forth..  If it gets more potent it will roll out a little more lead side s/w ridging which could easily trigger a synoptic feed-back/mean a 100 miles N(S) adjustment in deep layer track in closer hours.   

Yea I guess I didn't make it clear that taking the 12z NAM run verbatim was essentially my hedge against this going much further north given it had the the strongest shortwave on guidance up to this point. The intensity of the shortwave is of course a critical lingering variable for the reasons you mention BUT you can clearly see the issues our little guy is having building downstream UL heights off the eastern seaboard. That aspect isn't going away; I don't care how intense this shortwave comes in. With the antecedent cold  anchored in our backyard and momentum pressing east at around our latitude - in my mind this should prohibit a NE track over SNE.

I brought this up previously, but there are some parallels to the January 17th snowstorm that hit the Carolina's. That one also struggled to gain any latitude despite it being a product of an intense shortwave (more intense than the current guidance consensus for this one). 

23 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Look who's talking....Mr. No More Winter...cry baby lol.....Now you're back on the snow train....Hmmm?

We snuck one event in a terrible pattern. Never said winter was over, it just looked very bleak. I call it like I see it, doesnt mean I will be right. We still dont know how the next 4 weeks play out with the bigfoot -nao either so hold your panties. Your posts get emotional and you fight with everyone, take a xanax and drink an IPA. 

13 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

We snuck one event in a terrible pattern. Never said winter was over, it just looked very bleak. I call it like I see it, doesnt mean I will be right. We still dont know how the next 4 weeks play out with the bigfoot -nao either so hold your panties. Your posts get emotional and you fight with everyone, take a xanax and drink an IPA. 

And you're a wiseguy....so what's your point?  I don't fight with anybody....I call like I see it also Berg....you were on the bleak train..you off now?

23 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

9 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

And you're a wiseguy....so what's your point?  I don't fight with anybody....I call like I see it also Berg....you were on the bleak train..you off now?

Fight! Fight!

15 minutes ago, Sugarloaf1989 said:

Just don't get creepy.

Lmao....right.  How ridiculous.   

I get it, the pattern sucks, but if we can sneak a decent snow event in, then that's a win win for all of us.  I don't care if it melts two days later or the same day, the fun for me is tracking the event and watching it fall and accumulate.   I go find the snow to ride on anyway, so if it's not on the ground here that's fine with me.  

And I get the guys who like the pack idea...so to each their own.  Hope we pull off a decent event Saturday night and Sunday morning.

Archived