• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Sunday the 18th ... storm idea/early thoughts...

Typhoon Tip

3 minutes ago, JC-CT said:

Box went with 4-6 across the board with their latest update, except for the islands

Prob safest call for now...no need to blow it up into solid warning criteria this early and with a system that is so fast moving...one little kink the wrong way could easily turn a 6-9" event into 2-4".

• Replies 905
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Sugarloaf1989 said:

Just don't get creepy.

1 hour ago, WinterWolf said:

Lmao....right.  How ridiculous.   

I get it, the pattern sucks, but if we can sneak a decent snow event in, then that's a win win for all of us.  I don't care if it melts two days later or the same day, the fun for me is tracking the event and watching it fall and accumulate.   I go find the snow to ride on anyway, so if it's not on the ground here that's fine with me.  

And I get the guys who like the pack idea...so to each their own.  Hope we pull off a decent event Saturday night and Sunday morning.

I was just kidding :(

I think this thing has a narrow band over production collocated (most likely) with what is pretty clearly going to be a frontogen type banding - maybe concentric ..one along Rt 2 and the other around HFD to S. Bos ...  that sort of thing.  I think also the non-hydros have a better handle on this with their better resolved llv thickness/thermal packing S of LI probably offering the best location for surface low track ... Some hints by other global version to go this direction is damning to the GFS on this one... 

So, with that said, I think a 8 to 9" stripe or two ...I just wouldn't be shocked. 

2 minutes ago, JC-CT said:

Yeah...10"?

Maybe he actually went 3-6" and Kevin is just bumping it for him as a courtesy.

IF it evolves like the NAM or even the Euro shows, then someone will prob be around 10" in that type of banding. Really classic look for some instability embedded in the very strong ML fronto.

2 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

IF it evolves like the NAM or even the Euro shows, then someone will prob be around 10" in that type of banding. Really classic look for some instability embedded in the very strong ML fronto.

Those soundings are very unstable, love the look, definitely will stay up for this one

Just now, ORH_wxman said:

It's keeping the base of the shortwave kind of rounded...it actually tracks the vortmax further north than other guidance. It will cave most likely once we get closer.

Yeah I'm sure it will cave. I was actually going to go with 5-10 but was a bit gun shy after seeing the GFS. 

Archived