Newest Member
    joxey
Feb 1-2 Anafront wave disco

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 617
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Wow, yeah East and South were the place to be.  Basically draw a line from Kevin to you.   How did this not give more snow to the Berkshires? 

Because the qpf sucked.

We can hope for Sunday and Wednesday.  Ideally the transition will be just SE of here so we can get into some decent snows near the transition point.  But that won't happen because it's not possible to snow here and rain in Tolland.  :)

to invoke a phraseology that was invented (I think..? ) here, this seems more like a SWFE that was too warm for some ... marginally favored by nocturnal cooling/elevation for others.  I realize that the thread motif was about the ANA thing .. but I don't see this as much for that.  Too much of the falls were ahead of the boundary which fails ANA by definition..  I matched the over-night radar to frontal timing since well before western zones...  There were two small pulses of radar blossom that were suspiciously frontal slope backside but % -wise this was not the characterization for this scenario over night into this morning.  Lastly ...I'm not sure if much of this was not already discussed ... late to the party in this thread. 

Impressive flash freeze was a good call.  We had almost nothing for snow here in Ayer along the mid-east drive of Rt 2, but what small silvery layer of sleety slush there was is diamond hard right now. 

Schenectady got a tiny bit of rain that froze up quickly on smooth surfaces.  I wasn't totally awake leaving for work, pulled out of the garage remembered I forgot something in the house and when I carelessly stepped out of the car almost tore my ACL.  I thought I was awake then but really got a thrill when I stopped at a stop sign, saw an SUV coming a bit away and started to cross when I realized they were coming way too fast to be planning to stop.  Punched it and the Hakkas did their thing, I looked in the mirror to see the guy sliding through all four wheels locked and terror on his face.  I laughed and laughed.  

2 minutes ago, Tom12309 said:

Schenectady got a tiny bit of rain that froze up quickly on smooth surfaces.  I wasn't totally awake leaving for work, pulled out of the garage remembered I forgot something in the house and when I carelessly stepped out of the car almost tore my ACL.  I thought I was awake then but really got a thrill when I stopped at a stop sign, saw an SUV coming a bit away and started to cross when I realized they were coming way too fast to be planning to stop.  Punched it and the Hakkas did their thing, I looked in the mirror to see the guy sliding through all four wheels locked and terror on his face.  I laughed and laughed.  

with a torn ACL ..?  

impressive

Archived