Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Feb 1-2 Anafront wave disco

Damage In Tolland

1 minute ago, ma blizzard said:

surface to ~900 mb is prob somewhere between 0.5 c to 1.5 c .. gonna take some time to dynamically cool this layer but Id say its encouraging that you are already under 34

It’s been a steady drop , Dew is 30. I just find it hard to believe it takes until 1:00 am to flip 

• Replies 617
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, 25thamendmentfan said:

ginxie,

Why should I apologize? You're the one posting on the internet saying he's putting out failed forecasts. You should be happy he posts on this site. He doesn't have to, or need to. He has plenty of weather watchers on social media.

If I were a  newly minted chief meteorologist in a top 30 market and I had some guy saying I was failing in my forecasts I certainly wouldn't be happy about it even if you are a valued, albeit needy, overly sensitive weather watcher.

Why are you accusing me of bigotry? I know you love your backyard, but the news directors at the providence/Hartford/New haven tv stations could care less about your backyard when 90% of the dma lives an hour away from you. It's simply one of the realities of commercial television, just like in the New York city tv market news directors don't care about the upper reaches of Rockland or dutchess counties when millions live in the 5 boros and Bergen/Westchester/Fairfield.

Do you believe your own B.S.. Ryan's reply to you is all we need to know. Take a hike  Jack ,take your political B.S. to another forum

21 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I’m down to 33.5. But it seems like 925 is torched no?

True, that looks warm through 8-11pm... but seems precipitation dependent.  Like the HRRR cools ORH to 0C at 925mb as early as 8-9pm but then rise again with lighter precip at 10-11pm (showing how marginal it is).  The model low level temps, wind and QPF fields show a SW upslope flow (which aids low level cooling) into your area up through Hubbdave on the eastern side of hills.  We'll see, I bet you ramp up around midnight and run to around sunrise.

1 minute ago, powderfreak said:

True, that looks warm through 8-11pm... but seems precipitation dependent.  Like the HRRR cools ORH to 0C at 925mb as early as 8-9pm but then rise again with lighter precip at 10-11pm (showing how marginal it is).  The model low level temps, wind and QPF fields show a SW upslope flow into your area up through Hubbdave on the eastern side of hills.  We'll see, I bet you ramp up around midnight and run to around sunrise.

Let’s see what this bright banding does over the next hour

Just now, Ginx snewx said:

Do you believe your own B.S.. Ryan's reply to you is all we need to know. Take a joke Jack ,take your political B.S. to another forum

Ryan's as nice a guy as they come, but if he opened his weather cast each night discussing snow in tolland and moosup he'd be out of a job. An inch of snow and travel accidents on 91 and 95 in Hartford and New haven is more newsworthy than 5 inches in moosup.

2 minutes ago, 25thamendmentfan said:

Ryan's as nice a guy as they come, but if he opened his weather cast each night discussing snow in tolland and moosup he'd be out of a job. An inch of snow and travel accidents on 91 and 95 in Hartford and New haven is more newsworthy than 5 inches in moosup.

Yea 395 is just a rural backwoods road. You are as dumb as dirt. Were you harveyleonardfan? I  have no idea how you evolved from dissing Ryan to being a TV analyst. I only said that Ryan has often underforecast the Eastern Hills, if you knew squat you would know 95% of Moosup is in a valley. If you knew squat you would also know what the hell I was referring too.Ryan replied to me saying yea the Eastern hills bordering RI would do better.

23 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

:lol: Wish we were there.  These are fun events to mico-analyze when you are talking only 500 feet of elevation difference could mean 5" at 32F vs. 2" at 34F.

Everyone on here knows I get a hard on for mesoscale elevation stuff, ha ha.

Yeah hopefully you give me that detail next time it’s an OE event here

38.7 now.

1 minute ago, Ginx snewx said:

Yea 395 is just a rural backwoods road. You are as dumb as dirt. Were you harveyleonardfan? I  have no idea how you evolved from dissing Ryan to being a TV analyst. I only said that Ryan has often underforecast the Eastern Hills, if you knew squat you would know 95% of Moosup is in a valley. If you knew squat you would also know what the hell I was referring too.Ryan replied to me saying yea the Eastern hills bordering RI would do better.

You've called me Jack, now Harvey. I'm a woman. Women are as fascinated by weather as much as men are. We just don't cry when it doesn't snow. I'm not gonna play the sexist card because that's not my style. But I do wish more women were in this field.

21 minutes ago, 25thamendmentfan said:

You've called me Jack, now Harvey. I'm a woman. Women are as fascinated by weather as much as men are. We just don't cry when it doesn't snow. I'm not gonna play the sexist card because that's not my style. But I do wish more women were in this field.

Harveyleonardfan is not Harvey. Thanks for letting me know women are into weather too, I will let my obsessed daughter know she is not alone, maybe send a DM to Heather Archambault and Eleanor , maybe one to Alice Bentley. And yea you are wrong again .I listened to my granddaughter b**ch for hours when the snow evaporated this month. She couldn't sled in my backyard and was pissed, but happy as a clam when she woke up to 8 inches in SECT. Go away

Why do you always have to make it about you? You're so sensitive. You get in dust-ups on a daily basis with a whole host of others, not limited to your evening battles with Ray. Chill, man. I know it's weather and it's the only weather you got but you don't have to take everything so personally, or freak out when you're criticized or when someone throws cold water on your over zealous, world coming to an end forecasts. Besides, this isn't your profession.

you have great passion for life and weather. Try to enjoy it. And no, I'm not asking you to apologize for confidently predicting a dramatic change in the pattern to epic snows that will not be occurring.

7 minutes ago, 25thamendmentfan said:

Why do you always have to make it about you? You're so sensitive. You get in dust-ups on a daily basis with a whole host of others, not limited to your evening battles with Ray. Chill, man. I know it's weather and it's the only weather you got but you don't have to take everything so personally, or freak out when you're criticized or when someone throws cold water on your over zealous, world coming to an end forecasts. Besides, this isn't your profession.

you have great passion for life and weather. Try to enjoy it. And no, I'm not asking you to apologize for confidently predicting a dramatic change in the pattern to epic snows that will not be occurring.

Lol you have no idea

Archived