joxey
Feb 1-2 Anafront wave disco

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 617
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, CoastalWx said:

Glad we don’t live there.

Haha I always doubt its ever as bad as he makes it seem.  He's probably had snow cover all month long while many had a couple weeks staring at grass, but weeks of snow cover and winter appeal apparently doesn't mean much if someone else gets 4" when you get 2" on the next event.

6 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Haha I always doubt its ever as bad as he makes it seem.  He's probably had snow cover all month long while many had a couple weeks staring at grass, but weeks of snow cover and winter appeal apparently doesn't mean much if someone else gets 4" when you get 2" on the next event.

He whines all the time. Anyways even this way looks solid for 1-2 with a 3 spots

2 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Um I think he means drooping branches due to heavy wet snow. That map, Ryan often fails on the hills in ECT in Killingly and Sterling.

I thought of what JC-CT said actually but wasnt 100% sure, it gets more and more esoteric in here everyday.

And what does the 2nd line mean, D batteries? I thought maybe it means D (sized) cups or maybe D batteries for the flashlights youll need from all the power outages from branches/trees falling

4 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

He whines all the time. Anyways even this way looks solid for 1-2 with a 3 spots

Yeah a nice widespread light event... I'm hopeful for 1-2" up here at home with spot 3-4" for the mountain. 

I really like Kev's area though on most everything I've looked at.  Berks and ORH-TOL Hills should do 3-5", IMO.  I'm a little surprised ALY doesn't have advisories out for their SVT/Berks/Litchfield counties.

Just now, powderfreak said:

Yeah a nice widespread light event... I'm hopeful for 1-2" up here at home with spot 3-4" for the mountain. 

I really like Kev's area though on most everything I've looked at.  Berks and ORH-TOL Hills should do 3-5", IMO.  I'm a little surprised ALY doesn't have advisories out for their SVT/Berks/Litchfield counties.

Yeah I think he gets the golden jack award.

6 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Um I think he means drooping branches due to heavy wet snow. That map, Ryan often fails on the hills in ECT in Killingly and Sterling.

Sure, the map isn't granular enough to take into account a full resolution of the topography, but I don't think it is intended to. A range from 2-5 is a spread greater than the min value. There is wiggle there.

14 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

I'm not sure why you're busting his ballz, even if you're joking. I highly doubt his news director is all that concerned about the sparsely populated hills of norheast Connecticut and whether they get an inch more of snow than forecast. It's rural, working class, and I doubt any of the Hartford/New haven tv stations sell spots there or any business there can afford to. Demographics is Destiny, which also explains why the tv business cares a lot more about an upper class woman from west Hartford who's 40 than a 65 year old male retiree from montville on a fixed income.

20 minutes ago, 25thamendmentfan said:

I'm not sure why you're busting his ballz, even if you're joking. I highly doubt his news director is all that concerned about the sparsely populated hills of norheast Connecticut and whether they get an inch more of snow than forecast. It's rural, working class, and I doubt any of the Hartford/New haven tv stations sell spots there or any business there can afford to. Demographics is Destiny, which also explains why the tv business cares a lot more about an upper class woman from west Hartford who's 40 than a 65 year old male retiree from montville on a fixed income.

Again you have no fuking idea what you are talking about, in fact Ryan of all people treats everyone the same. He knows exactly what I mean. Your political B.S. is not welcome here. I have known Ryan since he was 14, have done a commercial for his weather team and have exchanged many texts. He has sent his station staff here when our rescue was involved in a multiple car collision while rescuing 21 dogs. He has given me personal forecasts for our memorial tournament for our late daughters scholarship tournament. I consider him a friend and him the same. He wished me a happy birthday on air last year during a snowstorm.  We have had beers together. Your bigoted analysis is just total B.S., you should apologize to the man 

Archived